I have officially hit my first animal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I was comin back from this delivery, i stuck my hand out the window to catch some of the breeze at 70 mph... when I look over and see this black thing fly up and swerve back... I pulled my hand back into my car JUST as I seen this big black thing fly at my car, it then swerved up and suddenly I hear this crack/THUD. I realized the damn thing had just flown into the door seal on my drivers side door... I looked back and saw the thing tumble onto the ground in the middle of the lane as I sped off.

if he had taken off a half second earlier he would have flown into the car and possibly hit me in the face. I was laughing my ass off when I got back to the store...

I now am amongst the ranks of such elite animal hitters as 92civiccx. :worthy:

lol no it was a black bird... coulda been a raven. All I saw was a black blur then a crack/THUD and then I just seen it tumbling behind me. I was doing 70 so it happened a little too fast.

Birds love me I've hit too many to count. My friends did not believe me till I slowed down to about 20mph one day to keep from hitting a bird then it flew up right at my car and almost hit it.... DUMB F-IN THINGS! I've hit things from bats to wild turkeys. when it comes to mid air flight =) the turkey hit the hood and cought some majar air off my windshield. Too bad it's claws left a big ass scratch but thanks to some elbow grease and rubber compound I got most of it out "one of my older cars"

Don't get get me started on our country rats aka squirrels
DIE MO FOs DIE!

I think the front of my cars carry a deer call. :lol:

We used to chase sea gulls through parking lots for fun, but the laws are getting worse. <_<

Originally posted by tab@Jun 22 2004, 12:46 AM
We used to chase sea gulls through parking lots for fun, but the laws are getting worse. <_<

hah... I used to do that in my boat.

I hit a duck in my car once. It got stuck in my hood scoop.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jun 22 2004, 08:45 AM-->
@Jun 22 2004, 12:46 AM

hah... I used to do that in my boat.

I hit a duck in my car once. It got stuck in my hood scoop.

:bo:
My best friend and I were pulled over by the sheriff's department, while chasing ducks with a Jet Ski. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've actually hit more birds than anything else. I was taking my CRX out last year, 2 deer ran out in front of me in 2 minutes time. I went really slow, reached down to grab my coffee cup (At like, 25 mph) looked up and BAM I hit a carcass. It happens lightening quick.

The worse amount of destruction I ever did was with my 1982 Supra. I found a row of shopping carts, and I took them and pushed them through the parking lot at 80 mph and let them hit the building, the curb, Shit - They found some carts a few streets over.

Chasing seagulls is something I have yet to try.

-> Steve

i really hate birds...the last time i hit one (a sparrow) the shit got stuck in my intercooler <_<

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 22 2004, 12:09 PM
I was taking my CRX out last year, 2 deer ran out in front of me in 2 minutes time. I went really slow, reached down to grab my coffee cup (At like, 25 mph) looked up and BAM I hit a carcass. It happens lightening quick.

-> Steve

Just for clarification's sake...

You saw TWO deer run into the road ahead of you. You slowed down to 25mph in your tiny CRX. You then take you eyes off the road ahead of you to reach for your cup of coffee... then BAMMO you hit a deer carcass?

If that's the correct sequence of events, why the fuck would you be reaching for your coffee until the road was entirely free of all hazards? That's a blonde moment right there dude...

In my perspective, the road was clear of hazards. Had I seen the carcass in the road, I wouldn't have taken a drink of anything. Holding the cup in front of my nose, I could see the sides of the road, as I expected them to run out from the side. But this one was already dead, right in my lane. I put the cup to my nose, count 1,2 cup down dead Deer in the headlights. It's that quick.

On top of that, I was really going that slow. It was somewhat foggy that night. I could still see just fine, but in my area foggy nights is when the deer come out. I didn't hit the other two because I had expected deer in the fog. So I hit the brakes, locked them up while throwing my coffee cup to the floor, by the time I got my right hand back on the wheel, I made contact with the dead deer.

Rest of the story: the CRX is lowered, with a garden-trim airdam on it. There is 0 clearance under that car. But when the front urothane folded, with the plastic garden trim attached, it formed a 24 inch long ramp to slide the car on top of the deer. Since the suspension is nice and tight, the car got high-centered on the deer carcass and suddenly I was sliding down the hill on TOP of the deer. The engine stalled, and I was 4-wheels-up riding this dead animal right into the ditch. When we reached the curb, the CRX was dislodged from the deer, traction was regained and I came to a stop.

I had no flashlight to check the oil pan, so I decided to call the police. From what I saw on the road, it was SOAKED. I had no clue if that was car fluid, or blood so I waited for the cop.

Cop showed up, I used his light, and everything on the car was fine. The road was covered in blood and dear guts. When I rode the corpse down the hill, I grated the underside of the deer off, and slid on it's guts. Upon hitting the curb the deer flipped over, two legs snapped off and it's head split in two. The cop asked me to help him pull the carcass off the road. This is where it gets funny.

The smell of an open animal is horrendous. Its intestines were lining the area around it, and the smell could knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. The cop grabbed the "open side" rear leg, and I grabbed the "Closed side" leg and we pulled it to the side of the road. The cop's deer leg came off, the cop ran into the bushes and puked. He had to dispatch a firetruck to come and wash the remains from the road. Next day, the road was stained red for about 30 square feet. It was truly a gross night.

My damage: Radiator support was definately bent. Radiator was cracked and bent, but the body was fine. The bumper supports under the bumper skin caused the paint to crack but the car really held up well. Pulled the bumper out with my hands and that's how it sits today.

So don't let the Tiny CRX fool you, they are tough little buggers.

-> Steve

Picture of the CRX's front

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jun 22 2004, 11:25 AM
How the hell did TWO of you fit on A JetSki?

i hope your kidding? there are jet ski's that can hold up to 4 people now.

but, at least it didn't fuck your car up, your lucky it wasn't a deer or something.

true that. no damage, not even a knick. and there aren't any deers on US 24. Never seen one at least.

Originally posted by dveit+Jun 22 2004, 11:18 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@Jun 22 2004, 11:25 AM
How the hell did TWO of you fit on A JetSki?

i hope your kidding? there are jet ski's that can hold up to 4 people now.

but, at least it didn't fuck your car up, your lucky it wasn't a deer or something.

I hope YOU'RE kidding, because JetSkis have always been single person machines.

JetSki, pioneered by Kawasaki in the '70's:
jetski_lummen04.jpg

Personal WaterCraft (PWC), whored out by every powersports company in existence (and some deceased- remember the WetBike?)
jetski_lummen23.jpg

Wetbikes are BAD ASS. Some of the wetjets are nice, you can actually fish off of some. The one I Rode a long time ago was a sporting one, with a steering wheel (butterfly) and it was a bitch to balance. The thing with the wetbike is getting it launched. Man, I rotated that thing almost up on dry land a few times.

-> Steve

Edit: That dude on the jetski looks SCARED SHITLESS. I hope that isn't an official pic from the brochure or anything

Back