I have searched for post, NO luck!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

It is a post on All motor cars needing less overall HP for the same ET as a Boosted setup, because the efficiency of the powerband in the n/a car. I read it not too long ago, but I have tried searching in several diff. ways. NO LUCK!

Anybody know what the link is for this topic???

B.. it is too true, that heavy intercooler and turbo must add at least 4000 metric tons to the weight of the car...

Most high power n/a hondas powerband doesnt start until 5,000 rpms A La VTEC... High powered turbo cars usually spool around 4500... You be the judge... :)

Toda's ITR pulled a 13.3 with a full interior and 205 whp at 8k rpm's (according to superstreet). Kind of interesting how that worked out....

here we go with anohtoer all motor vs boosted aguement.......

Edit* And for that matter i say boost ownz!!!! and still will not hear the other side of the arguement because i dont beleive there is a wrthy one!

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 11 2003, 01:03 PM
the main thing n/a cars have over turbo cars is no turbo lag.

No, you're wrong. NA cars have turbo lag all the way to redline. Sorry, but I'd rather wait a second for the turbo to spool up and double the torque output than not have any turbo spool at all and be stuck with a pathetic 130 ft lbs of torque from a 1.8L engine.

NA is for those of you that haven't figured out how to go fast and want "respect" rather than low ETs.

Turbo is for those of us that have a firm grasp on fluid and thermodynamics and understand the concepts of increased charge density.

End of story. I'll now go back to my hole from which I sprang.

The original argument was in FI on Honda-Tech.

I'm still a firm believer that if you size the turbo properly for peak power output, a 200WHP turbo car will beat a 200WHP N/A car simply because of the forced air at lower RPM levels to help torque considerably for a more flat power curve all the way to redline.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Dec 11 2003, 06:39 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Dec 11 2003, 01:03 PM
the main thing n/a cars have over turbo cars is no turbo lag.

No, you're wrong. NA cars have turbo lag all the way to redline. Sorry, but I'd rather wait a second for the turbo to spool up and double the torque output than not have any turbo spool at all and be stuck with a pathetic 130 ft lbs of torque from a 1.8L engine.

NA is for those of you that haven't figured out how to go fast and want "respect" rather than low ETs.

Turbo is for those of us that have a firm grasp on fluid and thermodynamics and understand the concepts of increased charge density.

End of story. I'll now go back to my hole from which I sprang.

maybe NA is for those of us who just don't want a turbo? or is that not ok with you?

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Dec 13 2003, 06:17 PM

maybe NA is for those of us who just don't want a turbo? or is that not ok with you?

That's fine. I don't care what you have in your car, but you'll never be as fast.

Back