I have some news...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abbie and I couldn't be any happier right now!!!!!!!! We aren't planning on getting married for over 4 years, once she finishes her master's and I complete my B.S.

Anyways, we are both so very happy and I am still smiling like a little school girl right now.

Here is the story that I posted on another forum.
anyways onto the story...!!!!

You can reference this link for ring details/pics...

Backtrack to earlier this week:

Abbie's last day of college was this Friday, the 19th, I had told her a few weeks ago that I would be taking her out to her favorite Restaurant (Rustic Oak, in North Haven, Ct., for all of you that live in Ct.) I had told her that reservations were for 6:30p.m. and to be ready for 2p.m. for me to pick her up since I was taking her out for a surprise. (I'll be referencing this again in the next few paragraphs)

So fastforward to yesterday. I pick Abbie up at 2p.m. and have
flowers.jpg

in my hand to congratulate her on finishing her bachelors! Needless to say she was very excited. The white rose not included in the dozen that I had given to her, more on that a little later. So anyways, we head out, and we start on our adventure.

A little background: Abbie and I absolutely LOVE a small seaport town in Ct. called Mystic. We go to this town about 5-10 times per summer just to sit on the boardwalk and take in the breeze of the ocean. The Movie Mystic Pizza was filmed there, BTW. Anyways, she was trying to get where we were going out of me, but I just kept on saying it was a surprise...until we arrived at our destination. I told her I needed to do some shopping and that I wanted to just bring her down here to relieve some stress. We went into a few stores here and there, and we ended up in the Ice Cream Parlor in downtown Mystic right next to the Boardwalk to get some Hot Cocoa (It was a steamy 32 degrees outside yesterday!) So after getting some nice hot cocoa we walked around and FINALLY made it down to the boardwalk. There were a few boats tied up to they Dinghy Docks and such. We finally sat down on one of the boardwalk's benches that run along side the river. There is a drawbridge there as well.

So we are taking in the breeze and just cuddling sipping our cocoa, when I told her that I had a small letter that I wanted to read her. The letter explained to her how I felt about her, and how proud she has made me over the past couple of years, and just how strong our love for eachother has made me want to spend forever with her. After the end of my little letter, I asked her if she would Marry me. Before I even said 'WILL' she was saying yes and hugging and kissing me. After completing my proposal I reached into my pocket and pulled out her
e-ring01.jpg

Her EYES were so bright and the smile on her face made this entire experience so worth while. I slipped it on and then we hugged and kissed eachother on the Boardwalk for an eternity. At that moment in time I was absolutely the most happiest man alive. I then gave her the white rose that you saw previously in the pic above

After talking with her about the ring and the whole wonderful experience she began to tell me that she knew it was going to happen that day. She had a gut feeling the entire week since I told her about the reservations that day. She told all of her friends and family about what she believed to be happening that weekend and I am happy that she can now tell all of them that her gut feeling did come true.

After proposing we left to go to dinner, the reservations I had were directly in front of the two sided fireplace at the Rustic Oak. It was truly romantic and her ring was totally on fire with the dim lighting and the glow of the fireplace. She *and I* kept staring at it at the table :naughty:

After dinner, I had made plans to meet my mother and my step-father at Constitution Plaza in Hartford. They have a festival of lights there every Christmas. My mother congratulated Abbie on her graduation of college and when she went to hug her, my step-sister's eyes light up in shock as she saw the ring!!!!!!! The look on my mother's face was absolutely priceless!!!!

This entire experience has been nothing but fun and will always hold a dear place in both mine and Abbie's heart.

Sorry about this long post, but I have had a lot to say, and would continue to write, but I dont want to put you all to sleep any more.

Anyways: Here is a picture that was taken at Constitution Plaza last night...It was very cold...lol

engagement02.jpg

engagement_tree.jpg

Congrats Steve! This matrimony thing is catching... I wonder who'll be next to get engaged... :ph34r:

j/k! You and Abbie make a beautiful couple, as does Celia and Rob. :)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 22 2003, 01:16 AM
I wonder who'll be next to get engaged... :ph34r:

I got $1000 on it NOT being me :D

Originally posted by number9+Dec 22 2003, 08:52 AM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 22 2003, 01:26 AM
94RedSiGal
@Dec 22 2003, 01:16 AM
I wonder who'll be next to get engaged...  :ph34r:

I got $1000 on it NOT being me :D

$10K it's not going to be me.

Me thinketh it's going to be Martine - she doth protest too much! :lol: :lol:

ive got martine beat tenfold with the protesting. :p B)

Congrats mang, may god bless your new family! :)

And you can quit hinting SiGAL I won't marry you, I'm saving myself for Paris Hilton :lol:

lol, I'll bet $1,000,000 dollars it won't be me.

But hey congrats Steve and welcome to the club.

and if I let Adrienne read that she'll kick my ass cause my proposal wasn't as cool as yours. woo hoo we get to go to a batchelor party.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats!!!!!

I'm still on CLOUD 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):)

damn... i gotta dig through my note book and find my old hooker freinds :)

sisteves bacholor party is going to be off the h00k so help me god :)

i dont want 1 person to remember it!!! :D :D :D

Back