i have toooo many questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sernmd

is there any difference in proformance wise between a ram air and a cold air?? dumb question.... but hey im trying to learn:D

a slight differance, apparently a "true ram air" can give a 1-3% power boost over a conventional cold air intake. really it doesnt matter thou, because on a honda your only going to make like a max of 5hp anyway

o ok yea i kinda figured cuz its a tiny motor what about like short ram to cold air like if the filter is in the engine bay

if the filter is in the engine bay its sucking hot air, not really cool for your motor, if you are going to buy an intake i suggest one that goes up itno the bumper or fenderwall.

hot air will kill performance but water will kill your engine. if you get a true cold air make sure you get an air bypass valve for it. also do you short ram intake or true ram air? cause a true ram air will be bringing in cold air also, its just typically being forced in by the forward motion of the vehicle.

it was short ram? inside the engine bay... its junk so im done tunning for now save up and get a real motor... gsr or b20 both expensive so hopefully il have enough money by next summer ...

b20 isnt expensive at all... i know passwordjdm.com always used to have them on sale, 2 for $1200 or something like that...

B20B Long Block
Ditch your old single cam and start fresh with this JDM B20B long block. This motor is a perfect starting point if you plan on building a B20 VTEC or are just looking for more torque than your old bus...

Your Price: $549.99

Well, I know I don't have an extra 500 bones laying around. And it doesn't sound like you get anything but the block, even though the pic shows head and intake. Hmmm...still cheaper than I thought, though.

I ghetto rigged my own ram air with junkard parts and a dremel. I can't say what the results would be on a dyno, but the motor seems happier w/ the cold air from under the bumper. Luckily it never rains in CA, so vapor lock isn't really a concern.

I would seriously argue against buying an intake system unless you just have to have the look. Buy a K&N filter for your stock box. Then you can get everything you need for cold/ram air at home depot, lowes or whatever.

niiiiice... i didnt even know about that site im always on ebay and junk sites (<-------total noob) but that sounds like a plan the b20b thats not expensive at all ... but if i showed u my version of a cold air that i built yesterday ud prolly fall out of your seat ... i had a 3" intake tube (didnt know it was 3 inches ) so i bout a 2 1/2" tail pipe from pep boys and the rubber hose conector i had was for a 2 1/2 so i cut it to fit the 3 and then duct taped it and hose clamped its around the 2 1/2 then ran that into the bumper then spray painted it all black and used an old belt to hold it in place ..... didnt change perfomance at all:eek:

B20B Long Block
Ditch your old single cam and start fresh with this JDM B20B long block. This motor is a perfect starting point if you plan on building a B20 VTEC or are just looking for more torque than your old bus...

Your Price: $549.99

Well, I know I don't have an extra 500 bones laying around. And it doesn't sound like you get anything but the block, even though the pic shows head and intake. Hmmm...still cheaper than I thought, though.

I ghetto rigged my own ram air with junkard parts and a dremel. I can't say what the results would be on a dyno, but the motor seems happier w/ the cold air from under the bumper. Luckily it never rains in CA, so vapor lock isn't really a concern.

I would seriously argue against buying an intake system unless you just have to have the look. Buy a K&N filter for your stock box. Then you can get everything you need for cold/ram air at home depot, lowes or whatever.

actually that says a b20 LONG block, which means it is the complete engine with the intake and exhaust manifold and head etc, but not the tranny.

niiiiice... i didnt even know about that site im always on ebay and junk sites (<-------total noob) but that sounds like a plan the b20b thats not expensive at all ... but if i showed u my version of a cold air that i built yesterday ud prolly fall out of your seat ... i had a 3" intake tube (didnt know it was 3 inches ) so i bout a 2 1/2" tail pipe from pep boys and the rubber hose conector i had was for a 2 1/2 so i cut it to fit the 3 and then duct taped it and hose clamped its around the 2 1/2 then ran that into the bumper then spray painted it all black and used an old belt to hold it in place ..... didnt change perfomance at all:eek:

dont feel too bad about your intake. i have a 96 civic dx, which has a top mounted throttle body instead of the side mounted, so before i got my skunk2 intake manifold, i had the old stock intake from my 93 corolla (which was a 3in diameter 90 degree angle hose) connected to my throttle body to my aem v2. problem was it had a big hole in it where the maf sensor went, sooooo i stuck a wine cork in it and wrapped it in duct tape :D

actually that says a b20 LONG block, which means it is the complete engine with the intake and exhaust manifold and head etc, but not the tranny.

I did not know that....but, man, I love wikipedia.
Long block is an automotive term describing a bare engine including the block, head, valves, crankshaft, camshaft, and pistons, but does not include the manifolds or any accessories like the alternator or power steering pump. May not include the oil pan or valve covers.​
So, it does not necessarily include intake or exhaust manifolds...or the tranny.

problem was it had a big hole in it where the maf sensor went, sooooo i stuck a wine cork in it and wrapped it in duct tape :D

Wine cork + duct tape! LOL!

..... didnt change perfomance at all:eek:

That's kind of my point. My car seems "happier"...and I didn't spend more than ten bucks on anything other than the filter, and that was actually a b-day gift (is that 'neck or what?)

aem.gif
A1821400P.jpg

AEM Cold Air Intake - Polished
AEM COLD AIR INTAKE, POLISHED, DRY FLOW FILTER -- Manufactured And Assembled In The USA, C.A.R.B. Exempt, 50 State Legal, Outperforms Every Comparable Intake System On The Market, Includes A Complete Hardware Kit With Soft Mounts For A Perfect Fit, One-Piece, Reusable Synthetic Dry Flow AEM Air Filter Provides Superior Filtration, Installation Instructions

Finish: Polished

ratings.gif
[

[/URL]FITS (ENGINE/CHASSIS)
1991 Honda CRX

• Gas, Fuel Injected, MFI, VIN Code "ED9", D16A6, SI
  • 21400P
$250.42

$250.42! H O L Y S H I T ! !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back