I hear today is Flag Day..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got that vibe.. The whole convo was:

Attendant: How long?
Me: Hell, I dunno.. Whats normal? I've never done it before.
A: 15 minutes.
Me: So, 10 minutes?
A: Ok.
Me: *baking*
A: $15.
Me: I feel kinda fried.
A: Yeah. *giggle* You should start at 7 minutes and work your way up.
Me: Oh. Thanks for letting me know that before hand.
A: *blank stare*

Wow. They're usually blonde and in high school. The place I worked for was a great place. Remember eFuct.com? One of the girls who went by the name 'trish' tanned with us. She was an awesome girl. Huge boobs... and tanned to make sure she looked good when posing for shots for them.

I needed a starter tan fast. I was going camping/boating that weekend (first time of the summer) and was too busy to get a real tan.

I needed a starter tan fast. I was going camping/boating that weekend (first time of the summer) and was too busy to get a real tan.

i'm feelin ya there.. i need a starter tan, but cant bring it to myself to go to a tanning place.. if i were to take my shirt off i'd blind everyone around..

Mystic Tan - Spray on tanning. You'll need 2 applications for it to 'work' but it's self tanner shit.

You need at LEAST a month to establish a decent base tan... for you, though, probably 2 weeks with a lotion/accelerator. Now, after that, you take your accelerator and tan in the sun and it completes the tan over the weekend. Since I'm going to Vegas in July, I started last month... can you tell in the new pics that i'm darker when comparing to the old ones?

Mystic Tan - Spray on tanning. You'll need 2 applications for it to 'work' but it's self tanner shit.

You need at LEAST a month to establish a decent base tan... for you, though, probably 2 weeks with a lotion/accelerator. Now, after that, you take your accelerator and tan in the sun and it completes the tan over the weekend. Since I'm going to Vegas in July, I started last month... can you tell in the new pics that i'm darker when comparing to the old ones?

Lotion? Accelerator? Spray on?

Go swimming.

swimming is worse. you burn faster. reflection is a bish. seriously... if you don't burn easily, don't trip on it. i do, so i need to make sure i don't literally bake myself when i'm in the desert in the middle of summer.

Happy Flag Day to you all.

I tan like no other... If I get burnt, I won't peal, I'll just have a decent tan going by the second day. That being said, I went into a tanning bed for my first time a year or so back and burnt after 10 minutes. I went in again for 10 minutes 2 days after and did not burn. After that, I was in for 20 minutes. I REALLY need to go do so again right now, I just have a real hard time because I feel like a bitch walking into that place... Farmer's tan FTL

well, 20 mins in a bed (15 in some of the newer ones is max) is equal to 3 hours in the sun, so 10 mins is 1.5 hours... if you don't notice anything the first time, that's GOOD. if you're pink, that's bad. If you burn then you have to wait 4 more days and your skin is super sensitive after that... so go slow. You'll see results *without use of products like bronzers or accelerators* in 3 tans. Granted it isn't much.

iwojima.jpg

:lmao:

well, 20 mins in a bed (15 in some of the newer ones is max) is equal to 3 hours in the sun, so 10 mins is 1.5 hours... if you don't notice anything the first time, that's GOOD. if you're pink, that's bad. If you burn then you have to wait 4 more days and your skin is super sensitive after that... so go slow. You'll see results *without use of products like bronzers or accelerators* in 3 tans. Granted it isn't much.

These numbers you're throwing out there are bad. They give a bad false impression.

If a bed has a max of 20 minutes start at 10, work up in increments of 1-2 minutes and keep going up till you hit 20. Use a bronzer once you have a base, but you also need to use tons of lotion before and after tanning all over your entire body. If you don't, you'll tend to burn a lot easier, your skin will dry out, and you'll look like a prune. Accelerators are great if you have a high pain tolerance as they bring all the blood to the surface, and it "seems" like you get burnt, but it subsides in two hours and its much cheaper/easier to tan than to buy the expensive ones. IF you're going to buy lotion get love monkey or jade.

My room mate has worked at a big salon since she was 16 so I sort of get the inside scoop.

A high pressure bed is better than a medium pressure bed which is better than a low pressure bed(standard). Don't tan at a gym, its dog shit and the beds come from tanning salons with just new bulbs in them. They'll burn you faster than ever.

Now all that being said, tanning is bad... mmmkayyyy .

well then tell her she has accelerators and tingle products mixed up. tingles are part of the 'accelerator' blanket, but they aren't the only products. they have L-Tyrosine in them which oxygenates the blood and brings it to the surface. some are 'hotter' than others, but yes, they do work well. so do 'normal' ones that don't tingle like australian gold's formula they've had for over 10 years. some even have self tanner in it for immediate results, but it's not tanning, per se, it's dying your skin....

right on with the hydration, that's why i use the hydration bed. 20 minutes soaked in steam super hydrates, you go in to the tan bed, and it lasts longer and looks more even, plus the skin is SUPER soft. not to mention relaxing while you're in it... but yes, lotion is needed.

i haven't worked at a tanning salon in a long time, so pardon my errors, but the basics are true. most people start at 5 to 7 minutes. it all depends on their skin tone... i'm very fair so even 10 mins in a 20 min max bed (the first session) will burn the shit out of me. And high pressure beds are very expensive. to tan in the velocity machine it's 30 bucks a tan, max of 15 minutes, and 99% UVB

Last edited:
I was all excited all day because it was flag day. People at work thought I was weird. I get here to school to check out the hilarious antics that is Hondaswap Flag Day and here we are..... talking about tanning. I am a ginger kid as well. I fear the sun like it where the Great White Satan.

hahah 50 mph in the back of a pickup, self photo with mohawks FTW :D

Back