I hit my bosses car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Today I did something real stupid, but I know how it happened.

Little background:
I work weekends and nights as a pizza driver. I use my own cars. Tonight I got called in for emergency needs (Lots of sales). I was in a rush, things were fast paced, I lost my mind.

The incident:

I pulled up to the front of the store, where you can parallel park. I am the paralell parking king now - I have to do it about 30 times a night. I pulled up to my spot, in front of my bosses car, real close. That's how I parallel. Really close.
At the last second I evaluated the free parking space, and realised that I could just pull into it. Hey, I've got the 91 Civic hatch tonight - I can park that thing in a shoebox.

So I turn the wheel. Of course, my car was setup for a parallel park. I heard the sickening crunch, and new immediately I had swiped his car.

The damage:

Civic: Deep scrape down the side. The door was shit anyway, so I'm not too worried. But I got the rear steel before the rear wheel too. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

1999 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible - Rio Red #38: Never hit a numbered limited production car. They have limited production parts on them. his front bumper is scraped deeper than my car - There is no real saving it. I put a very minute dent (Like, even for showing purposes it would be passed over, you need to hit the car with water and watch how it runs off to see it).

Either way, To keep this off of my insurance, I need a bumper skin - FAST.

Repeat - I need everyone to come to bat on this one: I need a 1999 COBRA front bumper skin - Preferred in Rio Red (I can afford the paint) and I need it for like a LOT less than the dealer is asking (I'm staring down the barrel of an $800 gun)

Lemme know if anyone has some really good body parts connection. OFf to Ebay I go. Wish me luck.

Here is a shot of one.. Round foglights are Cobra.
c4_1.JPG

-> Steve

Edit: It's a 1998. Not 99. Also, I added the link / pic.

so how mad was that big Sicelian(sp) when you told him you hit his mint stang?

I saw him today...and he even scares the crap out of me.....

did he give the due date to have it fixed?

And...I hope you didn't tell your insurance company yet...when they find out you are using your cars for delivery...they will either drop you, or increase your fee's...

So far the prices I'm finding are like $160 (Fiberglass) to $240 (Poly). So either way, it's cheaper for me to replace it then to pay the extra premium - regardless of how or what gets claimed.

He's Albanian. Worse than Italian / Sicilian temper. This guy FLIPPED last night. He went apeshit. Luckily, I'm not afraid of him.

But it would be more comfortable for me to claim it and have them take care of it - Steve: What do you suggest ?

-> Steve

Oh yeah, due date. His Stang is going in for the winter soon - He wants someone to fix the brakes on the Stang and the Turbo AWD Laser. I may have to volunteer on that one for no cost.

My suggestion is to just pay out of pocket if it is financially feasible. You're supposed to notify your insurance company of ALL accidents, but what they don't know won't hurt them ;)

Back