i just bought a civic and the guy hit a curb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1991_civic_si

hello plz help me im new to civic and all hondas really but i just got a 91 civic si and the guy i got it from hit a curb on the front pass side and the wheel is bent in i took the tire off and cant tell whats bent he replace the tie rod the strut looks ok the rack is good what else culd b bent????????????

he pm'd me and said the sub frame is bent

i told him to scrap it

good advice?

From my experience, it's possible that the front crossmember(the part that holds the radius arms) is tweaked too. My CRX had similar damage and needed more than just replacing the crossmember and LCA....I know this because I tried. :(

my subframe was bent from the same type of accident when i bought my car. you can get it fixed for cheap sometimes. just make sure their isnt more extensive damage. and if you get it repaired get it done by a reputable shop not just ppl using a light post to pull it out with chains. ask to see the machine and ask them to show you how it's done. so that it seems like they know what they're doing.

Back