I just don't know

What should I do?

• Quit HH Pizza, find a joint closer and continue to slave for shitty money?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep working HH Pizza and OTS and quit bitching?

• Leave Hondaswap and shut the fuck up? (yeah...rig

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Ok...I've had the Civic for a month and I'm happy with it, only I just don't feel like building it up to make it fast. It's a nice car, heats up quick, good acceleration, wonderful power band, I love the 5 speed... :unsure:

but I don't think it's me, my brother loved it...but I'm iffy about it...

I have a dilemma though. I've always loved the WRX. When the 2002 model came out in March of 2001 I ran out and bought ALL the magazines that had anything to do with the WRX and read through each of them 50 times. I still have half the magazines. I still love the look, the power, the quickness of the WRX. Wanting one will probably never fade away, I like them more than Mustangs, Camaros or anything at all. WRXs would cost me more money, not payments wise but insurance wise. It's another 40 bucks a month through state farm over my Si. I can't afford to do that with my two jobs currently. BUT...if I were to keep working at OTS and quit Hungry Howies Pizza (HH Pizza), and get a job at a walmart express place for 10 bucks an hour, I could easily afford it. I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth it. If I could get 15500 for my Civic on a trade in (which might just happen...you never know) I could trade it in for a used 02 WRX 5 speed. That way I could keep the same payments instead of them going up.

The Civic is more of a daily driver than anything. I don't race on city streets anymore, and there's no tracks close by to go to, even if I could on the weekends.

My brother in law was gonna go to Walmart and do this same Idea for two jobs, and it didn't sound like a bad idea. I know how to change oil, I've done it with minimal tools in my driveway in 20 degree weather. I've always liked doing it, so why not get paid for it? Vote in the poll and tell me what you think. Don't be rude, sarcastic, an ass or go off topic because I won't even dignify your responses.

:cliffs:
Bought the Si.
Don't know if it's really "for me" like it was my brother, wanna trade it in but keep same payments.
Thinking about quitting HH Pizza & going to a walmart express center or something.
I've always wanted a WRX.
Think I could get away with it.
let me know what you think :hide:

Take it from a fellow Pizza Driver. Driving pies isn't so bad - I get nothing for pay, but tonight for instance I made an average of $18 an hour. 10 hours.

It has it's ups and downs. If you ever feel belittled driving pizzas or being called the "Pizza Boy" watch Initial D. What you're doing is gaining skills that WIN races.

The educated driver regards professional drivers - Those that use their own car in all conditions, as formidible foe. Work in the snow, Work in the rain. Take the tough jobs and you'll be made of wood by spring.

Pizza driving is good if you work for a smaller shop (Not a pizza hut) Because you can find an alternative part-time job and work some hours around. I, for one, am looking to get a job as a tech at the arcade. This, after my MCSE+i and 16 years computer / networking experience.

It's not permanent, it's not a judge of who you are - And 10 to change oil seems shitty to me anyway. I make more than that hourly on a bad day. And I get a base rate of $6.

-> Steve

Whilest driving isn't a bad gig, I don't do that....I should have been more clear on that...sorry. :doh: I don't deliver, I'm the main cut box guy on the weekends. the focal point for the inside. everything but the 2 liters and salads come through me, pizzas, subs, & breads. I still don't make that much money. What is min wage? 5.15? yeah I make 6.25...for roughly 15 hours a week, and I'm the highest paid employee. (minus managers and drivers for their tips) I only make 150 bi weekly at that job. too much work, too little money. :(

nin wage here in ct is like $6.75 and most stupid jobs start at $8. lol CT> your state

150 bucks for 2 weeks of work wouldnt be worth my time.. thats for sure.

wait tables a couple nights a week... study up and bartend... thats where the money is man

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 23 2003, 07:47 AM
nin wage here in ct is like $6.75 and most stupid jobs start at $8. lol CT> your state

150 bucks for 2 weeks of work wouldnt be worth my time.. thats for sure.

wait tables a couple nights a week... study up and bartend... thats where the money is man

:withstupid:

I wouldn't work two jobs just to have a wrx. Stay with what you have now until you are a little more financially stable. I don't know if you are going to school now but do that, find a trade, or one good full time job.

What about planting yourself in a cubicle farm? :)

Get in touch with a temp agency and look for office/mailroom type jobs. I found my job that way. 6 month contract temp-to-hire (at the end they can hire you on officially if they want), full time, 40hrs a week, $14/hr. While it can get quite busy sometimes, I worked on my new website from work for 5 straight hours last Friday. :D :D :D If and when I get hired on, I'll get a $3-$4 raise.

Temp office jobs are the way to go. :)

hes working 2 jobs just to have a civic Si

not really much of a difference

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 23 2003, 10:39 AM
hes working 2 jobs just to have a civic Si

not really much of a difference

:withstupid:

I can actually afford the Si on my main full time job with OTS. But to afford the extra jump in insurance the WRX would bring I'd like to be able to have a little extra cash left over to put a few mods into it. Right now with my current income and bills, I have about 300 +/- a few for myselt, and most of that goes into food, gas and extras like Cds, clothes, etc. What I really need to do is get rid of my old cell phone and pay this computer off, that would free up over $100 a month to play with.

I'm not leaving OTS because I make good money there. and that is my full time job. Mon-Fri 8 to 5.

B, you make the most sense to me. CT > Indiana. But we have more area. :p

This job really isn't worth my time, I was under the impression when I first got the job that I could earn up to 10 an hour, but the owner low balled the wages and there was no way to get back out of it. :angry:

Bartending is great money, 300 in tips a night is what my old manager said she used to make on a typical Friday night, let alone a busy as hell Saturday night here in town.

Anymore Ideas guys? Good advice so far.

Darkhand, not to many places hire around here right in at 14/hr, but that would basically be just under what I'm making for both jobs combined. That'd be great.

I enjoy being outside 90% of my time, even though I don't really enjoy my job at OTS anymore and my coworkers are all assfuckers, not to mention fast food is getting sick. It's a trade off.

dude, i think you should go work at wal mart express lube, and keep your si. you'd undboutedly get paid more at WMEL, and you could save up for a turbo or somethin.

somethin i found effective when i was tryin to get my motor a while back, was i got a mason jar and superglued the top on, cut a notch in the lid, and wrote "wil needs a motor" on the outside, and put half of my paycheck every 2 weeks in the jar.

sounds cheesy, but it works.

turbos are king.

thats a good Idea, but I can't afford to put half my paycheck every two weeks in it anymore. That's the point, I need more income.

I'm sorry I can't give you an opinion on your HH job, but I can offer a suggestion on the WalMart tire and lube express idea. Personally, I found it to suck major donkey balls. Stay with me here, because the story wanders :lol: . I worked for Advance Auto for a few years as an AMIT (assistant manager in training) I opened and closed the store, ordered stock and did all the paperwork. The only good thing that came from Advance was that they paid for my A.S.E test & license. Long story short: a customer threatened to "make my family dissapear" after I caught him stealing some tools. I called the cops and he started wrecking the store before they got there. Anyways, I told him I could easily put a round in him at 1,000 yards- which in turn is why I got fired. Here's the WalMart part :p . I was looking for a job at the time and they just opened a larger wally world in the next town, complete with a TLE (tire lube express). Keep in mind, I went into the job with an ASE cert. I only worked there for a total of two months because the manager found it easier for me to clean the bays while letting the high school morons do the actual mechanics work. I ended up quitting and went to another WalMart 60 miles away. While in the interview, I was told "I need someone to clean up the bays". Same shit, different store! Not to mention it payed the same as before $6.75 and that's with ASE cert. on my resume.
Now I'm not saying you'll definately get the shaft there. It's just that I found the job to suck. Perhaps it's the state I'm in or something, I just feel working for WalMart has always sucked. If you choose the TLE, I certainly hope you will have better luck than I. This is just my 2 cents worth, or perhaps 5. Good luck with the job hunting :thumbsup:

home depot around here starts at like $12/hr... but its stupid bullshit work.

you know yourself best and what you cuold possibly enjoy doing...

even if it is answering phones at the hair salon :ph34r:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 23 2003, 11:57 PM
Where's the poll option for "Do Whatever You Need To Do To Get Yourself A WRX"? :lol:

:lmao: I was waiting for your response! :p I shoulda put that on there! lol well, I know there's at least one vote for "Do Whatever You Need To Do To Get Yourself A WRX"

:)

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 23 2003, 09:58 PM
:lmao: I was waiting for your response! :p I shoulda put that on there! lol well, I know there's at least one vote for "Do Whatever You Need To Do To Get Yourself A WRX"

:)

Yeah, I haven't logged in since Friday. I woulda been the first poster in your thread, you know that. :)

just an idea. have you ever thought about your long term goals.
working as a lube tecnician is not a bad gig especially at a dealership its got benifits but best of all you get exposure to real techs and can learn from them. a few of the techs Iwork w/ have done thisand are now making 40$+ an hour. (im an apprentice tech at a Buick/Subaru dealership)

good luck w/ you choice

ya know, thinking back on this... didn't i tell you NOT to get the Si in the first place?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 24 2003, 12:26 AM
ya know, thinking back on this... didn't i tell you NOT to get the Si in the first place?

:ph34r:

You also told me not to get a Celica GT-S, which is what I really wanted. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edit:
I got this car thinking I could add skunk2 cams, a catback exhaust, a shifter, etc. To me the B16 just seems maxed out, like I'll spend 600 bucks for cams and get 20 hp whoopty do.

With a WRX you can upgrade the Turbo and exhaust and have 260 hp for that 600 bucks. (rough guestimate)

Back