1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just got a free 86 civic station wagon

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by willbarrow81, Jun 29, 2003.

1. willbarrow81

willbarrow81 Junior Member

Hi everyone I just received a free 1986 civic wagon. The motor is toast and Im looking for another one. I was wondering if anyone has swapped a newer model motor into this type of civic. Oh what model motor do I have? (Its a standard dx 5 speed.) and finally if so is there a step by step web sight with some pics and parts needed for the swap. Thankyou for any help!!!!

2. willbarrow81

awww comeon fellas just a nudge in the right direction??!!!PLEASE :unsure:

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Give it more than an hour, not everyone lives on their computer. But you could probably get a ZC in there with little trouble and have a zippy ride. Anyway, click on the swap tab at the top of the page and search around for your gen and model.

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

import tuner magazine is actually building one of those civic wagons from that generation (84-87). i dont know what engine they are putting in but it might be worth checking out the article. it was in last month's issue (courtney day on the cover). they havent done the swap yet, but may have in this month's issue. havent seen it yet. they are doing that as a project car becuase as far as they could tell, no one else has EVER swapped an engine into one of those.

5. willbarrow81

Hi thanks well I looked at the tab and the 88 is the earliest model shown. could you point to a sight that shows the swap and maybe what I need to get off the donor car? Lets talk about the zc what is that? Thanks Will

6. starboy869

starboy869 Senior Member

HI,

A ZC engine is from a Japanese CRX (other models?).

They come in SOHC and DOHC version. I believe that the SOHC version is rated for 128HP.

Also ZC engines are dirt cheap. Eg. I paid $500Cdn for mine

Also... I'm not sure what kind of Intake you have on your civic, but these ZC are MPFI

Chris

7. DA69

DA69 Senior Member

i have seen that has sport makes mounts for the 84-87 crx. this may bolt in the wagon as well. these mounts are for b series engines. that would be a sick ass ride. i just dont know what you would do for axels and shift linkage.

8. willbarrow81

Thanks I believe the wagon is the same in the front as a honda civic 4 door from 1986. can you give a list of the different parts I might need? and thanks in advance Will

9. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

hey man, sorry about the misinformation i gave eearlier. its actually the june2003 issue of Honda Tuning (black del sol on cover). the articel is called "draggin waggin" ....and now that i think of it, yea, a zc will work real well (carburated version). you can probably hook up a fuel injected version with some fancy rewiring, but im just guessing. i beleive anything you can swap into an 84-87 civic/crx will work.

10. willbarrow81

ok so I need to stick with a motor that is carbd? because I found a 1993 vx motor with a grade of A for 499.00 What should I do? maybe if I put it like this: if you had a 1986 4 door civic and you were going to put a motor in it what would you pick and how would you swap it? I would really like if I had a list of things to get. Im new to this honda swap (duhhhhh) and thanks for the help!!!!! my wife has the 93 vx motor in hers and thats a good motor so I looked for it, but its got the computer and everything. I need a cheap and easiest way to swap out this busted motor for a running one. Thanks again, Will

11. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

so you are or arent looking for a performance minded upgrade?

12. willbarrow81

not really but if it was easy enough........I just need to get it on the road!!!!! thanks again!! so I guess I need help Identifing the motor year and type for a direct swap. THanks, Will

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted