i just got an 85 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91crx

its not the si so its carberated, but i bought it because its only 150 dollars and all thats wrong with it isd a blown head gasket, well i wanted to know if there are any direct bolt in swaps for this i dont want to convert it to fi so it has to be a carberated motor thanks

Brett

I think the universal answer here is "why bother?"

I had an 84 CRX and all I could do was put a fartcan on it :( Then it broke. :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 22 2004, 05:41 PM

Why not? I've done the swap carb to FI, and it's not that hard. Please don't IM me, asking how I did it. Go look around on the internet and you'll find your answers.

My friend has a 87 crx and he put in a d16a1. An older ls. i heard it was a pretty common swap. But his was an si. But check out http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/ for alot of 1st gen crx questions. Plus there is alot of help there. And i know someone did a whole swap article about it here somewhere. Wait check out here. I found this in the reference section.

yeah I heard you can just swap in the d16a1 which i believe runs about 120hp which will be nice in that smaller car.

the d16a1 comes out of the 88-89 integras.

Is the interior of urs really crappy? I have a full 88 integra tthat has mint interior...the seats are awesome and I can get decent deals, plus if you need any parts off of the motor I can get them for ya too

nathan

if you dont want the hassle of changing to fuel inj just get a d16a1 and put side drafts on it with some head work

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jun 22 2004, 07:36 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Jun 22 2004, 05:41 PM

Why not? I've done the swap carb to FI, and it's not that hard. Please don't IM me, asking how I did it. Go look around on the internet and you'll find your answers.

i know how to do it , i just dont want to waste alot of time on this car i have better prioities(my other car).

D16A1 is not an LS...

they came from 86-89...
86 - 87 has 113 and 88 - 89 has 118

i have heard that they have SOHC vtec jdm motors with carbs, but have never seen it in person... they supposidely(sp) come stock carbed in japan...

look on this site
in articles or refrence
there is a write up entitled first gen crx faq's
you can get any answers you need there as far as cheap mods...

but i don't think you will have much luck doing anything without converting to MPFI...

you can carb any motor
but after market mounts for newer d series and b series are quite expensive

the d16a1 is the only dohc motor that will bolt in to the stock mounts

Back