I just want to apologize.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
A lot of times when I get into serious discussion or someone says something I'm not particularly fond of (as an example when get nick went into the self improvement thing in my bored thread), the way I tend to type makes it sound as if I'm pissed off and I'm jumping down someones throat. On the contrary, I was chuckling and I appreciate everything nick has to say because he's an intelligent mother fucker who knows his stuff. I wasn't irate or mad with him or anyone else, I simply didn't want to hear it cause I think I'm pretty well off.

I may be broke, but thats because I own a house, and I had to refinance the Civic.

I didn't want to put any financial burdon on my parents to go to college initially out of high school. (the story goes that the school I wanted to attend was 15k a year, they made too much money for me to be able to get a student loan, but they didn't make enough to be able to afford the school, so they were going to take out a line of credit/mortgage on their house to pay for it. They'd JUST paid off their mortgage at my HS graduation, so I didn't want them to pay for another 15-30 years).

I'd like to further explain that I do plan on improving myself. I've already started trying to find local colleges who offer architecture classes along with any prerequisite classes including any math/algebra/calculus courses I'd need. The problem with trying to start anything right now is with my mortgage randomly jumping 200 a month due to miscalculations on my property taxes (I'm semi squeezed, but can still afford the little things), Brian is pretty pissed about it and I'm working on my finances to be able to dump extra into my Escrow payments to get those taxes paid off sooner along with the two exemptions I've filed.

What all this means, is starting in 2010 when my car is paid off (possibly sooner than its stated maturity date), my car payment will be directed more towards the house and if possible getting myself into any architecture prerequisite classes. I'm content with my job at my dads, but my brother and my dad know I never wanted anything to do with the company in the first place when he started it in 1994. Only reason I'm here is because Fort Waynes economy has always sucked and there are no real big companies that will let me train on the job and/or offer any college assistance programs without having prior college courses in that respective field.

Anyway, Nick, E, B, eg6, and everybody else, I just want to apologize for sounding short and pissed off with any of you. Its just how I tend to type the words that come into my brain. I have no idea how someone else is going to read it until I go back over the thread a week or so later and think "wow... I sound like a total douchebag.".

This board has helped me quite a bit with finances, let alone problems and questions regarding my car. All in all, this is a great board, aside from all the turdburgler noobs. lol

The key to this and all conversations that come from people is how to take it. Everyone thinks they are right - if they didn't they would change and be more akin to accept criticism. That said, everyone does things in their own way.

Since I've learned how to pick and choose my struggles, I have learned to avoid any conversation that will only piss me off. Talking about my mother who suffers from dementia, money matters, what I should do with my house, my credit, my car. When people say ANYTHING to me on those subjects I want to plunge a spoon into their fucking heart. In exchange, I tend to return the favor. If you bring it up on a public forum, then you're inviting any comment you may not like.

That comment usually comes from me.

:)

i never see any form of aggression from you..:thumbsup: .. if anything i should apologize.. :D

and i feel you on the mortgage increase.. mine is up $340

The only problem i have with you is that you still don't know the difference between a truck and a van. :)

group%20hugging.jpeg

Never said anything remotely offending to me, but anyone who can admit his mistakes and apologize for em is worth his weight in gold. :thumbsup:

Never said anything remotely offending to me, but anyone who can admit his mistakes and apologize for em is worth his weight in gold. :thumbsup:

That is very true....never said anything rude to me but I can completely understand going through some tough times.....I hope things turn around for you

it's cool. i need to learn to keep my .02 to myself. people do what they enjoy and what makes life great for them.

I'm happy for ya. Good luck with school and work...and finish up that sears tower...

Back