1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Keep Blowin Fuses

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by XZILER8, Apr 30, 2003.

1. XZILER8

XZILER8 Senior Member

I have an 88 crx hf

Haven't done anything to it yet due to budget constraints and focusing on my lude.

Anyways, I keep blowin the fuse that "controls" (for lack of a better term) my tailights and instrument lights.

When I first checked the fuse, there was a 20 amp fuse in the slot for these lights. It's supposed to be a 10 amp, so i assume the previous owner put the 20 amp in there for some odd reason. I put a new fuse in and it blew as soon as i turned my lights on.

I'm assuming I have a short somewhere, but I don't have the slightest clue of where and what to look for.

Any pointers?

2. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

Check all your aftermarket installed items.

Radio:
    Foglights:
    Alarm:

Any of these could be causing your problem.

If none of these exist, start here.

Pull each taillight/running light bulb, 1 at a time until you find the short. If you are still blowing fuses, check your headlight switch for the short.

Best to use a test fuse (resetable) that way you are not going through boxes of fuses.

OH, and always use the rated fuse, never larger.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted