I kNOW ITs Bad (NB)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

How well will tuning go with a stock Narrow Band O2? Trying to get my DataLOgging Feet wet untill i get my WIDE Band?

HOW WELL WILL THE NARROW BAND WORK FOR TUNING?

I KNOW WHAT YOU EXPERTS ARE GOING TO SAY NO SHUT UP AND USE A WB
bUT I WOULD LIKE MORE FROM A REPLY THAN USE A WB
tHANKS

1. Don't type using ALL CAPS. It's dumb

2.Don't type in lowercase letters, then sPorAticallY use CaPs. It makes you look like a retard.

3.A narrow band is not a really good tool for tuning. If you don't have a WB, try going to a dyno that has one and borrow it.

4.Widebands aren't that expensive. Save a bit and try and snag one.

you cant tune on a narrowband, period. it tells you NOTHING, except if your running lean or running rich. you can datalog on a narrowband, but you wont get anything out of it.

No good with a narrowband. Get an lc-1 from innovate, they're only like 200 dollars brand new. A very good investment. I assume you have a laptop, since you are talking about datalogging. You mentioned you are going turbo. DEFINITELY do not skimp out in this area. get a wideband, and stay off the boost until then.

well i have no mods but the engine is under higher compression and i ported the Cylinder head and has no CAT and i would like to see if i can get any more power from it by +/- some fuel

Seems like the engine is running lean because of like frosting at the top of the plugs or too advanced its not too advanced

Well it sounds like you have the ability to force more than enough air in there . . . what does your fuel system consist of?

Quoted post[/post]]
Well it sounds like you have the ability to force more than enough air in there . . . what does your fuel system consist of?

All stock 1.6 liter or i guess 440 CC injectors and stock pump with new fuel filter dats bout it nothing more or less i tried putting a Fuel pressure regulator and it was to unstable i didn't like it not very quantative i want tuning that is mathamatical i can increase by like very small increments like decimals

Oh yeah i forgot i have a High Performance air filter too

Please use proper punctuation. It makes posts easier to read.

You wont be able to do much tuning if your fuel pump is stock seeing as how you lack the flow capacity to support those 440's you have installed.

Replace your fuel pump, fuel rail, and get a FPR. Then use a WIDE band o2 sensor and an AFC to properly tune your motor.

As of right now you really have nothing to log/tune.

Quoted post[/post]]
Please use proper punctuation. It makes posts easier to read.

You wont be able to do much tuning if your fuel pump is stock seeing as how you lack the flow capacity to support those 440's you have installed.

Replace your fuel pump, fuel rail, and get a FPR. Then use a WIDE band o2 sensor and an AFC to properly tune your motor.

As of right now you really have nothing to log/tune.

To the guys defense, you can probably squeeze a few extra horses out of it by tuning it really well, but that probably isn't going to happen with his tuning equipment, or lack thereof. You'd also have to spend a bit of time on a dyno, so I doubt any gains are going to be made in this particular case. AFCs suck. If you have a laptop, it is almost just as cheap to chip the ecu and get a datalogging cable. None of this piggyback crap.

As to the size of injectors. Stock size are 240cc for both the 1.6 and 1.8, I'm pretty sure anyway. I know that 240cc is the stock size on my integra.

I didnt say he couldnt tune, just that his results are gonna suck because his car does not have the abiltiy to flow extra fuel . . . tuning his car like it is now will only burn out his tired stock fuel pump.

As to the size of injectors. Stock size are 240cc for both the 1.6 and 1.8, I'm pretty sure anyway. I know that 240cc is the stock size on my integra.

What is the CCs Cubic centimeters per minute?
What liter honda injectors could i use and scale them down and still get a good high end flow for Boosted conditions
Or is it just better to buy new like RC injectors
do i really need 450cc injectors?? If i only want a projected 10 MAX and i mean Max lbs. of boost
could i get away with smaller than 450 injectors on my ZC?

It's cc/min.are you doing some sort of experiment? I'm just wondering, because at this point, it doesn't seem to be an answer that is going to get you anywhere.

Read Up.

This will give you some starting point on injector sizing. Your fuel injector sizes should be based on how much power you want to produce, not how much boost you want to run.

Back