I know OBX is bullshit but tell me what you think about these headers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Here is the deal I'm getting them for dirt cheap, and from what I know most of OBX parts are bullshit. All I wanna know is do yall think they will perform better than the stock restrictive B18B LS headers I have now (I've heard of some headers performing worst than stock). My set-up is a stock B20vtec. I can't afford any other headers now and I just need something for the next track event coming on the weekend because this stock manifold is choking my motor up top.
These OBX headers in the pic have a 2.5 inch collector.
obx1.jpg

obx2.jpg

let me get this straight... you have a b20vtec with a b18b header? Thats odd, but hey whatever. I thanks for the laugh too, I always love it when I read an I know OBX is shitty, but what do you think about their (insert part) thread. :laugh:

But to answer your question yeah it will be better than your b18b header, but like you said it is dirt cheap and you get what you pay for most of the time. If it has good oil pan clearance and ground clearance I say run it!

Quoted post[/post]]
let me get this straight... you have a b20vtec with a b18b header? Thats odd, but hey whatever. I thanks for the laugh too, I always love it when I read an I know OBX is shitty, but what do you think about their (insert part) thread. :laugh:

But to answer your question yeah it will be better than your b18b header, but like you said it is dirt cheap and you get what you pay for most of the time. If it has good oil pan clearance and ground clearance I say run it!
Yeah I got a B18B header because, I just put the vtec head on not to long ago and everytime I try to buy an aftermarket header something comes up like some bills or something so I saw someone selling this for $80 plus I'ma try to talk em down so I said why not.

what is that fitting on the side of the header? is that an 02 sensor on only 1 exhaust runner? dont see how that will give a good reading...

the 02 sensor is right before the cat where it should be.

run it. it will make decent power.

but don't pay more than 50 bucks for it. because it will probably crack break or corrode in less than a year.

PissedofSol, I know where the O2 sensor shoud be..before the cat. Look closer at these pics. There is also an o2 sensor in the 1st part of the manifold, the part with the 4 runners. It is put into Cyl 2, where cyl 2 and 3 meet/ Right above the 2 port gasket.

is it an EGR tube fitting?

i know some 4cyls have that kinda thing goin on, not sure if the b-series has anything like that.

they prob put one there so they can sell one header for all b-series, just ask if they will give you a plug for it

Quoted post[/post]]
is it an EGR tube fitting?

i know some 4cyls have that kinda thing goin on, not sure if the b-series has anything like that.

no. b series egr run from the exhaust port (#4 cylinder I believe) to the intake port, that is all. Pretty stupid IMO, but if it makes the DOT people happy, all the power to them.

Quoted post[/post]]
they prob put one there so they can sell one header for all b-series, just ask if they will give you a plug for it

yes. the o2 port right after the collector is for the ls engine, or at least the b18a, because that is where my o2 is at. The second one in the b-pipe is for the other b-series engines. Or, in the case of the b16a, it uses both o2 ports.

I have had an obx stainless header, test pipe, and full exhaust all the way to the muffler going on 3 years now with no cracks and just minor tarnish. Not even rusty. Sounds great and made a seat of the pants difference. Although they may not be the top of the line OBX has made a good impression on me.

Back