I like walmart again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 7 2004, 12:01 AM
self checkout sucks.

once this shit actually goes nationwide, people are going to lose jobs. its bad enough alot of jobs go overseas so when i call customer service for my phone and etc i have to talk to some foreigner that cant speak english all that well.

fuck globalization.

That's true. but now I don't have to deal with the fucking retarded high school kids who make fun of shit and look at you funny when they scan something...much like the bitch at Walmart in november of 01 when I bought a little globe with a smilie face in it for my sister in law. (she loves those damn yellow smilie faces)

:angry:

We dont have that yet, and we are in the Walmart Fucking Capital of the world...God, I hate the fucking intersection of FLA, AL, and GA...These fucking rednecks need to get some class! They make Brian E. look sophisticated. :)

we've had them here... And as far as stealing goes, they usually have somebody standing there monitoring the self checkouts to make sure you scan everything

i like um, the only question i have i scan you buy liquor from them???

im only 18 and if i pay cash whats to stop me from buying all the Mad Dog i can carry???

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 7 2004, 03:30 AM
i like um, the only question i have i scan you buy liquor from them???

im only 18 and if i pay cash whats to stop me from buying all the Mad Dog i can carry???

like someone said there's a cashier standing there for the four u Scans...when you scan the alcohol or tobacco it'll red flag in the computer until the cashier puts in your DOB (date of birth). Otherwise it'll sit there and wait and won't let you pay. ;)

Way back around 1992 there was a Dominicks (food store) around here that did a test of a neat in-store mapping system. A big black and white lcd display was on every cart, and sensors in the ceiling would track where you were and display it on a map of the store on your display. If you wanted a particular item, you'd enter it in and it would direct you to where it was in the store, giving you GPS-like directions on the way. It was really neat, but they took it all out about 6 months later.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 7 2004, 01:47 AM-->
TurboMirage
@Jan 7 2004, 12:01 AM
self checkout sucks.

once this shit actually goes nationwide, people are going to lose jobs. its bad enough alot of jobs go overseas so when i call customer service for my phone and etc i have to talk to some foreigner that cant speak english all that well.

fuck globalization.

That's true. but now I don't have to deal with the fucking retarded high school kids who make fun of shit and look at you funny when they scan something...much like the bitch at Walmart in november of 01 when I bought a little globe with a smilie face in it for my sister in law. (she loves those damn yellow smilie faces)

:angry:

understandable, but think about those high school kids who are now competing with you for a job.

Not my problem. :D

Besides the kids that worked at the pizza place i now work at were all fucking fired at some point in time. Yes it's true. 5 of the high school kids that worked there were seriously fired for complete lack of maturity. :thumbsup:

Back