I love BMW...here's why :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
They are upping the ante :)

(in latest Roundel mag)

in response to the recent HP war bet audi RS and MB AMG divisions, the BMW ///M has decided to up the ante in their upcoming ///M5 as well as the next ///M3.

M5 will get 90degree 40 valve, "5.8L" V10 producing "550 HP" (from 5.5L 500HP)
in addition M5 will get
7 speed SMG 3 (3rd gen SMG)
M tuned Active Steering
M tuned Dynamic Drive System

M3 will get a new 400HP V8 for its powerplant

:worthy: :spin:

holy hell! 400hp is insane for a stock ///M3.

By Looks: BMW>AUDI>MERCEDES

actually. i dont like mercedes that much at all.
i would take a bmw over a benz any day.

but dont forget the AMG E55, like 469 hp stock. i would take that benz anyday. but yes the m3 and m5 are sweet as well

fuck swapping it, I would rather have the m5 as is over most any cars, I said most as in acura's and yes that includes the nsx, and others.

M3 I like the best..

is this for USDM versions too? wonder what the price increase will be for the M3 now, the RS6 isn't exactly affordable

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 9 2003, 07:44 AM

(in latest Roundel mag)

in response to the recent HP war bet audi RS and MB AMG divisions, the BMW ///M has decided to up the ante in their upcoming ///M5 as well as the next ///M3.

in addition M5 will get
M tuned Active Steering

i agree with most that the M is better than the other German powerhouses, but it depends on the level.. as far as road cars and racing that has to be a based on road cars, BMW owns that level.. but in LeMans terms, Audi is a force that won 1,2,3, positions, and 2 or 3 years straight last year, where Bently won this year..and F1, Mercedes McLaren owns everyone except for Ferrari..
M = young adults who lust power, Audi = Middle aged people who love power, AMG = old people that loves power.

Originally posted by endlesszeal+Oct 9 2003, 01:31 PM-->
@Oct 9 2003, 07:44 AM

(in latest Roundel mag)

in addition M5 will get
M tuned Active Steering

i agree with most that the M is better than the other German powerhouses, but it depends on the level.. as far as road cars and racing that has to be a based on road cars, BMW owns that level.. but in LeMans terms, Audi is a force that won 1,2,3, positions, and 2 or 3 years straight last year, where Bently won this year..and F1, Mercedes McLaren owns everyone except for Ferrari..
M = young adults who lust power, Audi = Middle aged people who love power, AMG = old people that loves power.

I don't think the Audi race cars from Le Mans have anything to do with the Audis you'll find at a dealership. The only thing the race cars have in common with mainstream models is the badging.
I have a friend with a TT who keeps saying that Audi owns Le Mans and therefore believes that his 1.8T TT is just as impressive. I keep telling him that his TT has NOTHING in common with the racers of Le Mans.

I still believe that BMW owns the performance/luxury market.

Originally posted by DTEC@Oct 9 2003, 08:39 AM
holy hell! 400hp is insane for a stock ///M3.

By Looks: BMW>AUDI>MERCEDES

actually. i dont like mercedes that much at all.
i would take a bmw over a benz any day.

as of right now the c32 amg is better than the m3, with the exception that the fact mercedes only comes in 5 speed automatic and m3 has 6 speeds.

the c32 has a smaller displacement engine but because of the blower it produces more horses and more torque than the m3, and the c32 is smaller and lighter.

if you're talking about the future concepts those are just figures, imo the m3 will be unbalanced if they stuff a v8 engine in the small frame, it IS still a 3 series after all.

the mercedes SLR McLaren owns all.

what about volvo? i've been feeling the volvos lately, the s70 and s60 R's are just awesome. awd turbo 5 cylinder power with a nice ass looking 6 speed shifter. the new s40's look super nice, and my next cars will probably be the xc90, the volvo suv. i know volvo is not german but it still falls in the european market.

Hey SiSteve....where did you get that info on the BMW M5?

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 9 2003, 07:44 AM

(in latest Roundel mag)

in addition M5 will get
M tuned Active Steering

As it sits right now in 2003 Audi is still the best car.

Audi RS6 ----------------benz c32AMG------------------BMW M3
4.2L v8 -----------------3.2L v6-------------------------3.2L v6
twin turbo---------------supercharged------------------NA
DOHC-------------------SOHC---------------------------DOHC
450 HP---------------------349HP------------------------333HP
415tq*---------------------332tq--------------------------262tq
10.3CR---------------------9CR----------------------------11.5CR

But personally the new 2004 M3 CSI is my favorate car.
img_mseries_overview_m3_01.jpg

That is just crazy, but I still like the styling of the Benz more than the Bimmer. But man, those cars are some powerhouses. I would still take an NSX over the M3, but I don't know about the M5.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal+Oct 9 2003, 02:59 PM-->
@Oct 9 2003, 07:44 AM
They are upping the ante  :)

(in latest Roundel mag)

in addition M5 will get
M tuned Active Steering

:worthy:  :spin:

As it sits right now in 2003 Audi is still the best car.

Audi RS6 ----------------benz c32AMG------------------BMW M3
4.2L v8 -----------------3.2L v6-------------------------3.2L v6
twin turbo---------------supercharged------------------NA
DOHC-------------------SOHC---------------------------DOHC
450 HP---------------------349HP------------------------333HP
415tq*---------------------332tq--------------------------262tq
10.3CR---------------------9CR----------------------------11.5CR

But personally the new 2004 M3 CSI is my favorate car.
img_mseries_overview_m3_01.jpg

yeah but the RS6 costs ~$80k compared to the mid $50k price tag of the two others. Also, the audi's rival is the E55 and the upcoming M5.
Audi's M3 and C32 contender is the S4

Back