I love EVDO Internet....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

So the software developers for my company were in town yesterday... So last night we were gonna go out to dinner and some drinking (Geeks can hold their liquor BIGTIME)...

In the afternoon, one of our field sites had some issues with their SQL database, so the software developer and I connect to it using my laptop (With Verizon EVDO Connection) and get to work...

Next thing we know its 5:00 and we aint even close to done... So I said "we need beer... PACKY RUN!" so I run down to the packy and pickup a 12 pack... When I get back to the office I see there are still some people here, so I can't bring the beer in just yet.. I run into another co-worker, so we sit in the parking lot and crack one open... I call the software guy and tell him to come outside while the database is processing...

He comes out, we drink a bit, go back in to check on the database, go back out, drink some more... And I realize something... EVDO INTERNET... Go get the laptop and bring it outside! WOOHOO! Beer & Work! What could be better!

So after an hour or so... We run out of beer... And battery power is dying... TO THE BAR BATMAN! We walk into the bar shouting "WE NEED POWER & BEER!", and find an outlet, and make ourselves at home.

We proceeded to work, drink more beer, and not only get paid for it, but expense the beer! :D

Thank you Verizon Wireless. You made my life happier, 6 beers at a time. :D

Sounds like a blast. Congrats on the best day at work ever =D

you were outside yesterday? it was 7 here yesterday.... no beer is worth standing outside in 7 degree weather for....

nah... sitting in the car in the parking lot.. Heat blastin... :)

beer is good
beer is good
beer is good and stuff
lets go drink some beer
beer
beer
beer
beer

if you like that song you really should go buy the CD its fucking great :thumbsup:

i think i will and something way off topic i need to throw in i am getting an ls swapped eg hatch

for 4 solid weeks it was warmer in New England than Florida.

AND they are calling for 2 feet of the white stuff in Texas, and New England is supposed to get a dusting

Yeah I Know! TX has had more snow days this year than New England!

And B... I would have drank inside, but the head of Engineering (Who doesn't like me) was still here, and I didn't want to hear him bitch.

oi...

if you are interested in EVDO capability on a MAC through sprint you need to use the verizon access manager.

Back