I might get violated tommorrow...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I feel violated that Celerity doesn't know his ass from Mini-lights, Panasports, and Watanabe's...any car guy knows all the spec's, strength, and weights of those wheels...if they don't they need to give up cars...

three swans in a circle...= Watanabe. SSR bought Watanabe a few years ago... you dope.

Mini-lites are made in Europe, along with panasports, but the companies are different. Watanabes are Made in Japan. Specs, and castings are different, and the metallurgy is completely different...strength, and weights are different...and the only thing that makes them the same is their appearance at 20+ miles an hour...

Carol Shelby also made a rally proven wheel that also looks the same, same style and metallurgy, but the weight was heavier. Wats for the win, unless you can afford the Panasports Race only rims, but they will be killed on normal streets...potholes are unforgiving.

Yes, weights are different. Again, back to that Japanese international licencing "loophole" after WWII. The same loophole that puts the faint MG Logo on my Toyota 22R engine.

Same design, same stampings, different metallurgy - more than often in the negative for strength and positive in weight and cost.

Dare I say the MG Minilights are the precursor to the Wats ?

Thanks for teasing me with rims I can't have. :mad:
Congrats on gettin stinkfingered :p

But seriously, I WANT those wats...

Well, the civic lug pattern that I have happens to clear the brakes that I have on my white Z, that z also has the same lug adapters to fit Honda wheels, and those lug adapters might move over to the red Z, since I have those huge 15" wheels to fit on the the white Z. The white Z has ZG flares (flares for slightly wider wheels for Japanese Z's) and I have a set of Work's flares (Flares for extremely wide wheels for Japanese Z's) coming from Japan that will just bolt on to the white Z. The red Z, already has Cali Flares that are molded, and with those flares and the spacers off the white Z, with the civic Wats...and a decent set of 14" tires...they will look kinda hot...but no lip to be a Japanese road monster...but Celerity already bought all my 17" wheels that also would have looked hot on that car...so all I got left is the wats for a civic to fit on there....unless in my next trip to Japan this spring yields some stupid hot rims that will replace those...then their for sale.

and the wats I have are 4x100 14x6.5, RS-8's, three piece wheels, offset 38-40ish...perfect to fit the beast your making... and they are partially cleaned up, but I foud a way to completely clean them up and make them 100% mint again.....and they weigh about 11 lbs...

I took mine off of a 78 Civic, remember Clayton ?

Not 4x100

Yes...I remember...In fact I talked to Tom the other day about them...he kind wanted them back, but a week later...he didn't need them.

And Klyphs swap is swapping the hubs onto his car from a teg....

Back