I might have to ban cali and NY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they own the people in it. that's their justificartion of jurisdiction. ultiamtely, they are trying to keep the sales of goods within their own state... since there would be no advantage to ordering out of state to not pay sales tax anymore.

so, if this passes everywhere, there's going to be SO much less 'nationalization' going on.

orange juice won't be available in new england.
potatoes won't be available in florida.
and oil... let's not even go there.

This is the start of a civil war. watch.

Last edited:
they own the people in it. that's their justificartion of jurisdiction. ultiamtely, they are trying to keep the sales of goods within their own state... since there would be no advantage to ordering out of state to not pay sales tax anymore.

so, if this passes everywhere, there's going to be SO much less 'nationalization' going on.

orange juice won't be available in new england.
potatoes won't be available in florida.
and oil... let's not even go there.

This is the start of a civil war. watch.
purchases made to wholesalers for resale are still non taxable
purchases from retailers to the person are subject to sales tax

i don't see the correlation to orange juice or potatoes

don't see the correlation to orange juice or potatoes

example only. you're right in b2b exempt.

but, if delaware does this, why would i buy from TireRack.com when i can buy from my local tirestore? now, its cheaper to buy from TireRack.com. if i have to pay tax on TireRack.com, it will be cheaper to by locally.

effectively, this is going to KILL online sales, marketing, advertising, hondaswap, and my real job.

lets go start our own forum.
:(

re-read the thread... i'm not banning anyone

funny-pictures-cat-says-your-disease-is-incurable.jpg

I sent a letter to her email....

Dear Nancy Skinner,

While I applaud your efforts to fix your state's financial situation, I believe you are missing the larger picture on the issue which will ultimately hurt, rather than help, your budget.

I do not live in CA. In fact, I couldn't be further away in Connecticut. However, I work in online sales/ecommerce/marketing, so this issue will effect me.

Here's how i see it:

Currently, I can buy an item online from a CA store and have it shipped to me for less than I could buy it for locally + local sales tax.
Thus, your store in CA will get the sale, keeping people in jobs.

If this bill passes, I will not only have to pay shipping, but also CA sales tax which is higher than my local sales tax, thus making the purchase more expensive than just buying it at a local store here in CT. Therefore, I will probably not be purchasing it from CA anymore.

Others will catch on in due time, and you will see how bad this will effect your local businesses who have a big online presence.

Your sales tax revenue may go up briefly, but ultimately, you will be putting small shops out of business, and with it, more home foreclosures, more unemployment, and more crime that costs money you don't have to fight.

Please rethink your bill.

Thanks for your time,

B

Last edited:
lol
sounds like injens teddy bear or my little pony or whatever hes in to..

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, she thinks she's helping.
how cute.

it wont pass, or go into effect, or it just wont be enforced.
its too much paperwork, and hassle bullshit to follow through with it

New Jersey is reinforcing an existing ban on Brazilian waxes / shaves.

I'm not kidding. They have a Board of Aesthetics and Hairstyles who are now going after spas and parlors for giving Brazilians.

New Jersey is reinforcing an existing ban on Brazilian waxes / shaves.

I'm not kidding. They have a Board of Aesthetics and Hairstyles who are now going after spas and parlors for giving Brazilians.

another reason to stay out of NJ..

When I buy shit, say on ebay, I always check the sellers location and I make sure they aren't in cali so I don't have to pay tax on the item lol.

Hopefully this doesn't go through because that shit would suck lol.

that was one thing i liked about living up in vancouver.
i could go across the bridge to portland if i ever had any big purchases.

example only. you're right in b2b exempt.

but, if delaware does this, why would i buy from TireRack.com when i can buy from my local tirestore? now, its cheaper to buy from TireRack.com. if i have to pay tax on TireRack.com, it will be cheaper to by locally.

effectively, this is going to KILL online sales, marketing, advertising, hondaswap, and my real job.

re-read the thread... i'm not banning anyone

i don't think an online company should be using avoidance of sales tax as their #1 price advantage
this just hurts local business, and as far as i'm concerned is an unfair advantage
the whole idea of online stores is that they don't have to maintain expensive store fronts and people to manager and man that store front
that should be their price advantage against local businesses
if all things are equal I would rather spend my money locally to boost my local economy and keep more jobs local

to use your example of TireRack.com
they should have more sales online compared to your local tire shop
they have a warehouse and shipping department instead of staff and a store front
they have the convenience factor
they have the selection advantage

if they can't come up with a business plan that can compete with a local business with all other things being equal why should they get your money

i am playing devils advocate here to continue the discussion, as I too am guilty of shopping online and factoring in sales tax to find the best deal

Last edited:
Back