I might have to ban cali and NY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8 fucking posts in this thread and only one even closely related to the general topic of "sales tax" and none related to the legislation which you just "skimmed the first few sentences"

you are the ultimate post whore

seriously, you're fucking annoying.

theres 10 threads in the mod forum about wanting to ban you. I stuck up for you each time.

cut the shit, or the next cut is you.

back on topic

theres 10 threads in the mod forum about wanting to ban you. I stuck up for you each time.

back on topic

+1 B i was just thinking to my self today about how he has 2k+ post and he has only been on here 5 months he must average 20+ worthless post per day

Anyways yes this whole lets tax the ecomerce market is going to get way stupid and out of hand. Maby they should make it a little easier to controll and create a small tax on out of state packages delivred with in the state.

back on topic
awww.. :wub:
i love you too brian!
lol
ill try to tone it down.
believe it or not, ive actually been holding back a lot.
ive been fucked up all day today though.

legislation that will ensure that California receives its share of sales and use tax revenue from out of state companies leveling the playing field for California’s brick and mortar businesses.

When the fuck did it become the responsibility of the government to carry businesses that cannot pull their weight? Level the playing field my ass, if a company supplies awesome customer service, has what I want on hand and is just a good all around business. I will buy from them on the spot. When I purchased my first pistol I bought it from a small time dealer and payed about 75 bucks more before tax because the big retailer in town Sportsman's Warehouse is full of douche bag fuck heads that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Things change, why should someone with a more efficient and effective business model get donkey punched because local stores have nothing to offer? They cited bookstores, well maybe they should specialize in older books? Maybe offer free or cheap wi-fi access? Or maybe the glourous State of Kalifornia could have changed its spending practices ohhhh 4 or 5 years ago to head this off at the pass? I guess that makes a little to much sense though now doesnt it. Its easier to screw every other state because they cant keep their shit together.

this country is slowly slipping into communism.
i can understand the frustration of smaller business being trampled by huge stores, but its really no ones business but the business'.

When the fuck did it become the responsibility of the government to carry businesses that cannot pull their weight? Level the playing field my ass, if a company supplies awesome customer service, has what I want on hand and is just a good all around business. I will buy from them on the spot. When I purchased my first pistol I bought it from a small time dealer and payed about 75 bucks more before tax because the big retailer in town Sportsman's Warehouse is full of douche bag fuck heads that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Things change, why should someone with a more efficient and effective business model get donkey punched because local stores have nothing to offer? They cited bookstores, well maybe they should specialize in older books? Maybe offer free or cheap wi-fi access? Or maybe the glourous State of Kalifornia could have changed its spending practices ohhhh 4 or 5 years ago to head this off at the pass? I guess that makes a little to much sense though now doesnt it. Its easier to screw every other state because they cant keep their shit together.

i don't think your examples apply too well to the situation
states were granted the right from the federal gov't to collect sales tax on purchses made within their borders
if people are buying items and having them shipped from another state then no one gets to collect sales tax on that purchase

here's a good question
if i'm in NY and buy something online from FL
where does the purchase actually take place?
the state gov't are taking the stance that the purchase took place via a computer in their state, so they are entitled to collect sales tax on that

the only reason internet sales have been tax free for so long is because the states could not figure out a way to tax the transactions

this country is slowly slipping into communism.
i can understand the frustration of smaller business being trampled by huge stores, but its really no ones business but the business'.

the problem here is that we arent allowing the big stores to fall.
we keep bailing out the giants.

natural order of thing is supposed to go as such:
Company starts up
company gets huge
company spreads out far and wide
company slows down
company shows strong decrease in sales due to a better competitor making stronger sales
company decreases in size dramatically
therefore allowing the new company to grow into the new empire until the next one comes along.

its a natural process, in commercial business and in governments.
small empires grow, then reach a peak, and ultimately fall, allowing new small empires to raise up and claim rights until its their time to fall.
old companies close allowing new companies to open and introduce new things and ideas.

but lately we have done nothing but keep the old companies up and running therefore blocking the amount of forward motion we can make as a country.
had they let the big 3 fail when they first started falling we would already have multiple new companies competing for the title of big american car company. which would have yielded us better, faster, more efficient cars.
but since the big three have such big ties in government and everything else, they control it all and wont allow true business men and fresh inventors with new ideas to get big enough to make a difference.
companies like wal mart, stop the progress of mom and pop stores from going regional and/or national. im not going to bash walmart too much bc right now they are a necessary evil, everybody says that they are evil and should close, but just think about how it would be if walmart did close right now, that is a lot of jobs there, albeit low paying jobs and a company that doesnt give two shits about their employees, but at least they are still keeping people employed.

the pheonix cant rise from the ashes if it doesn burn and collapse first.
these big companies should have burned a long time ago, allowing new people to learn from their mistakes and do better things until its their time to fall.

washington is breaking the natural order, and the consequences will be brutal.

/rant

states were granted the right from the federal gov't to collect sales tax on purchses made within their borders
if people are buying items and having them shipped from another state then no one gets to collect sales tax on that purchase

here's a good question
the state gov't are taking the stance that the purchase took place via a computer in their state, so they are entitled to collect sales tax on that

the only reason internet sales have been tax free for so long is because the states could not figure out a way to tax the transactions

My point was if someone can offer me some sort of advantage in a brick and mortar store then I will continue to shop their. I buy 99% of my books from Barnes and Nobel. I do this knowing full well I can save 15 percent if I buy from Amazon. But B&N offers something Amazon cannot, I get to sit and read the first chapter check out the photos and do a side by side comparison to other books in person.

This to me seems like a direct attack on all online retailers because the Communist state of Kalifornia makes so damn much money on property taxes that they have no clue how to raise more money through other means. This is my impression any way, I have been to California once and never lived their.

the problem here is that we arent allowing the big stores to fall.
we keep bailing out the giants.

natural order of thing is supposed to go as such:
Company starts up
company gets huge
company spreads out far and wide
company slows down
company shows strong decrease in sales due to a better competitor making stronger sales
company decreases in size dramatically
therefore allowing the new company to grow into the new empire until the next one comes along.

its a natural process, in commercial business and in governments.
small empires grow, then reach a peak, and ultimately fall, allowing new small empires to raise up and claim rights until its their time to fall.
old companies close allowing new companies to open and introduce new things and ideas.

but lately we have done nothing but keep the old companies up and running therefore blocking the amount of forward motion we can make as a country.
had they let the big 3 fail when they first started falling we would already have multiple new companies competing for the title of big american car company. which would have yielded us better, faster, more efficient cars.
but since the big three have such big ties in government and everything else, they control it all and wont allow true business men and fresh inventors with new ideas to get big enough to make a difference.
companies like wal mart, stop the progress of mom and pop stores from going regional and/or national. im not going to bash walmart too much bc right now they are a necessary evil, everybody says that they are evil and should close, but just think about how it would be if walmart did close right now, that is a lot of jobs there, albeit low paying jobs and a company that doesnt give two shits about their employees, but at least they are still keeping people employed.

the pheonix cant rise from the ashes if it doesn burn and collapse first.
these big companies should have burned a long time ago, allowing new people to learn from their mistakes and do better things until its their time to fall.

washington is breaking the natural order, and the consequences will be brutal.

/rant
did you think of that?

its really a case of choosing the lesser of two evils.
one evil being hindered advancement which accompanies lack of inspiration, the other being a spike in the unemployment rate, billions(estimating) of dollars lost in stocks, 401ks, retirement plans or whatever else. if walmart fell, it and its employees wouldnt be the only ones affected. its clients too would see a huge drop in sales, which could result in lay offs, companies going into bankruptcy.. ect. and then the stock and such for those companies would go under, then wed have an even larger imbalance in the market. id like to see obama try to fix that shit..
i choose the first evil.
ignorance is bliss, moving forward is overrated.

here's a good question

We're going through an audit right now. First in 26 years of business. At that, all our purchases outside of Washington state over the last 7 years we have to pay the state and "city" level sales tax of whatever applies to us, versus what we paid there.

IE. We went to hawaii last year and used company credit cards, (dad and I) and we had to payback the 4.5% difference in taxes between state and purchases. Also we buy a lot of lumber from canada and oregon so we have to pay the difference in sales tax there as well. On top of all this, we have to pay the difference of wholesale taxes and sales taxes on a ton of material purchases. 100k area when its all said and done, but so far it hasn't been that bad. Washington state has had this in place for some years now for businesses. They always get their Sales Tax.

Back