I moved ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
I moved to Michigan finally.
Yea, you were all right, it sucks and is cold.
From 80F to 25F is teh suck...only here until May... not too bad i guess.
On the bright side, i managed to score 49.4mpg thru New Mexico with my car fully packed and a passenger with 90 octane from Chevron.
Most of the trip was 40+mpg.. not too bad for b16 gearing i'd say.
No snow on the ground right now, which i think is a good thing.
Falken+ice= :huh:
I missed HS :laugh:

you got 49.4 mpg with what motor in what car?

is that from a B16?

you can run your motor very lean at 2-5% throttle and its perfectly safe.
the insight does something like 24:1 a/f's

new mexico is all flat. he was in that throttle range the majority of the trip.
bam, gas mileage like a mofo.

I'm in west central in Muskegon.
I'm here until May because I don't want to be here any longer than that...
My sister is having a baby in May too, and i told her i'd be back in time for that as well.
Yea, thanks B, super leetness chips...too bad you're outta the game now.
NM isn't ALL flat at all, i thought maybe it was the elevation *7000ft+ and the not driving on it too hard.
After that the best i hit was 44mpg, but most of the trip was 40+ and only once was 29mpg innercity in Oklahoma City stop-n-go.
On the way home i want to try for 50+ :laugh:
Oh yea, it was a b16(a2) with 95kish miles on it, ran perfect the whole trip.
My GF's single cam 97 civic with less stuff was pulling 35mpg :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
OOO OOOO DO ME DO ME !!
OK!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Ya what part of Michigan you live in? I live in northern indiana lol. Why are you only there till may?
I went thru South Bend, are you around there?
The import scene != existing here...

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm in west central in Muskegon.
I'm here until May because I don't want to be here any longer than that...
My sister is having a baby in May too, and i told her i'd be back in time for that as well.
Yea, thanks B, super leetness chips...too bad you're outta the game now.
NM isn't ALL flat at all, i thought maybe it was the elevation *7000ft+ and the not driving on it too hard.
After that the best i hit was 44mpg, but most of the trip was 40+ and only once was 29mpg innercity in Oklahoma City stop-n-go.
On the way home i want to try for 50+ :laugh:
Oh yea, it was a b16(a2) with 95kish miles on it, ran perfect the whole trip.
My GF's single cam 97 civic with less stuff was pulling 35mpg :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
OOO OOOO DO ME DO ME !!
OK!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
Ya what part of Michigan you live in? I live in northern indiana lol. Why are you only there till may?
I went thru South Bend, are you around there?
The import scene != existing here...
I am in south bend...well technically, I WAS, I moved into mishawaka but its like 5 mins FROM south bend...YA Muskegan isn't far and michigan is good for import seen :mrgreen: . Come down to South Bend sometime in like july or something...Mapquest McKinley Ave. That is where everyone hangs out on weekends. Won't start up until spring is here again. Hope to see you lol. Still havn't met anyone from HS :mad:

me and 2000si both live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. maybe we should all meet up or something?

see anything interesting on your trip up?

Quoted post[/post]]
me and 2000si both live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. maybe we should all meet up or something?

Hmm.. not anything real interesting... there was a fatal rollover just outside of phoenix we drove by, the dude was laying there under a blanket and his leg was shaped like the letter R...
other than that, the trip went smooth, no bad weather until indianapolis.
I'm down to meet up somewhere in a few weeks... :wink:
This small town living crap is teh boooorring. :mad:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Hmm.. not anything real interesting... there was a fatal rollover just outside of phoenix we drove by, the dude was laying there under a blanket and his leg was shaped like the letter R...
other than that, the trip went smooth, no bad weather until indianapolis.
I'm down to meet up somewhere in a few weeks... :wink:
This small town living crap is teh boooorring.
lol I dont' mind small towns...I don't like loads of traffic. Anyways ya we should meet up. I will probaly have my turbo setup sooner then what I thought becuase im not building up my block anymore. I took all my door panels off yesterday and I'm trying to get the interior ready for making it black lol. Engine I can't do anything with becuase 1. I have no help. and 2. I have no place to put the engine after im done becuase the garage is filled with crap from the other house. and 3. I don't have a cherry picker to get the damn engine out :mad:

Back