I need a crx motor where do I find one?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey man I got the same trouble. I was thinking in getting a "better" engine for the 89 HF I have, but at the end I think I'll just go and replace all the seals and bearings, sit the valves and call it the day. I really tried to get another engine, but there are none anywhere. Swaps aren't that bad, but I already got other fast cars and I don't want to loose MPG. I'm going to be pulling this engine this week and figure if it is worth saving due to a blown head gasket. Good luck with yours.

thank you Citizen_Insane You seem to understand it. I don't want to upgrade i want to either keep the engine and repair it, or buy a crate engine. But as far as i can see none exist. I did look at Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and they seem to have a lot of D15B6s. I will have to check into that.

wow....swapping the stock motor back in would be a waste of time and a crx. im sure you just want your car back but seriously..at LEAST go with a d15b

^^ Please just STFU. Seriously. I wouldn't mind having a completely stock HF again. I loved getting 50mpg. Not everything is about performance all the time. Hell, if Insights were a little cheaper I'd probably buy one and NO I don't want to put a K-series in it.

Back on topic, vg_Ace - I would have sold you my HF motor, but I junked it after I swapped. I have a feeling a lot of people do the same. With gas prices what they are, people will probably be more likely to keep them around now as a popular efficiency swap.

I already have a Kia thats faster than my CRX I do not want to swap it for something faster that gets worse MPG. Citizen Kane seems to be like the only one who gets this. If I was to swap a stock engine for a stock engine though how long would it take on average?

I already have a Kia thats faster than my CRX I do not want to swap it for something faster that gets worse MPG. Citizen Kane seems to be like the only one who gets this. If I was to swap a stock engine for a stock engine though how long would it take on average?
well that just depends on how good you are i could do it in about a hour. but the reason a say swap it for a upgrade the motor will have more power and it will still get you 40 mpg. also its gona be real hard to find a motor that came stock with low miles, so if i was you to stop your nail biting id just replace all the seals and be done with it

yeah but aren't there higher grade seals that don't break apart? I saw some at schucks I thought that were higher quality.

true ...

plus slow cars are fun sometimes :)

My friend De has a 3 cylinder Subaru Justy i think its like a 1988 or something. But it is fun to just cruise around at her top speed of like 65.

its more than a buck a week. In my Kia I get about 33 Mpg on the freeway and less in the city. In my crx I have gotten above 55mpg on the freeway. In the long run it calculates out to more than a buck a tank.

i guess thats true, but sometimes a project vehicle just cant be a daily driver..although mine is

Back