I need a different Car

Either one must make it up the pass

• 02+ Subaru

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but of course B knows what you're talking about. If there's any flaw with a car, he'll manage to find it and tear it apart.

The Mirror has two faces.

And thus the argument for either the Audi or the WRX seems won - Audi for the win. You don't need an aftermarket "kart boy" shifter or expensive motor mounts, gear re-grinds and Vishnu parts summing up to $3000 extra investment.

Ultimately, the two can't compare. One, (As someone else stated) is the bottom line offering from a mass-production electronics / industrial / naval / aerospace / clothing / construction / power equipment company, the other is a crafted and considered low end (But high end from VW) machine from a dedicated "Auto Union".

But to add: I think that choosing the A4 over the Passat is foolish and based mostly on status. I think the VW Passat offering is just more intelligent of a decision.

To add once again: My Loyale handles as well as the WRX and it's part-time 4WD takes on heavy snows with a greater ability. My Loyale lacks the power, but I think that the Subaru Wagon body has always been perfectly balanced, VERY useable (Huge trunk in that bastard) and very rewarding to own. I hated my Subaru Loyale when I got it, but after spending time with it it really grew on me. It's a tank that could use a few minor corrections to it's design, but overall serves very well.

the Impreza, however, in it's SOHC non-turbo form, is substantially weaker than it's industry classmates, and isn't the long-term car that the older Subarus were. In it's DOHC form it doesn't completely lose it's power 4500 rpm, and it's Turbo form is the only way to get decent power out of it.

And if you have a choice, I suggest checking out instead of the Audi and the WRX, checking out the SAAB Viggen. You can get a used one in the 12k range now. Even a 2WD SAAB is better than most AWDs in the snow, and the rest of the 350 days a year that don't have snow on the ground you'll appreciate the very well balanced body and HUGE brakes.

yea, i forgot about the Saab. I had an old 900, I hated that car with a passion. PS pump took as shit, then the rack, then the clutch, then the heater core, etc.

The newer ones are built much better and aren't too bad until you need parts and unless you have a GM built Saab it's hard to find good cheap parts. I don't think they stock a lot of needed parts for older models.

everything about the older ones was bitchy. aftermarket radios didn't fit, you couldn't find anything for the car, and the hood, although cool as hell, weighed as much a Harley.

Audi a4 1.8t all the way..very nice cars..

on side note..had a funny conversation at a X-mas party of a friend of my girlfriends.

Dude had a 2003 Audi a4 1.8t Chipped with an exhaust(this is what he said)...i told him i just had sold my vette...he was like all drunk and crap..he was like "dude my "chipped" Audi woulda smoked tha thing"...I said, "my vette wasn't stock and even if it was stock i woulda smoked you anyway with 300hp and 340lbs of tq"...He was like " dude my audi is like 340whp with the chip and Exhuast"...Now, i was at a X-mas party and the dude was drunk so wacking him over the head with my bottle of captains wasn't an option...but i really really wanted to..I continued to tell him my Vette was 451 hp...370rwhp / by .82(18%) loss through the drive train.....He was like "dude my car is AWD..and i said yes..but you would still loose man...Anyway the conversation went on and on.....ultimately i had to give up walk away....i was getting drunker and he was getting more stupid as the conversation grew alil heated.....

PS i miss my car.....(cry)

shouldn't have sold it.

Shit, I miss my Vette and I owned that for a month, and it was a 225hp 1984.. and that's 225 on a good day.

And that would have smoked his Audi, I'm convinced.

Back