I need a good MP3/CD burner program

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I'm looking for a good program. Nothing fancy, most preferably free.

I need to convert my CD collection to MP3s, then copy them to CD-Rs. Also, would it be better to convert them to WMAs?? which could I fit more of on a single disk?

Anyone have any good suggestions?

wma's suck. stick with mp3.

all of what you want to do can be done with windows media player or winamp pro, or the built in xp burning software.

I'm running windows 2000 pro. Windows media won't let me rip to mp3.. only wma. So far, all I can find is plug-ins that cost around $10 that allow wm to rip to mp3.. Help? I'm retarded when it comes to this stuff, I've always purchased my cds.

Easy CD-DA Extractor. I've been using this program for awhile with no complaints at all.

http://www.download.com/Easy-CD-DA-Extract...tml?tag=lst-0-1

Free to try, $25 to buy. However, certain combinations of characters are available to circumvent the need to actually pay for it. :wink: Regardless, it's a good program. I'd probably pay for it if I didn't have a serial code.

if its programs your looking for.. download the stable version of bittornado and then go to torrentspy.com for movies, music, programs, & games

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm running windows 2000 pro. Windows media won't let me rip to mp3.. only wma. So far, all I can find is plug-ins that cost around $10 that allow wm to rip to mp3.. Help? I'm retarded when it comes to this stuff, I've always purchased my cds.

tools, options, rip music tab

its there....

Attachments

• ss.JPG
    ss.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 207
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

tools, options, rip music tab

its there....

Mine is under tools, options, copy cd..

And there is only two WMA formats to choose from.

Windows Media Player won't rip to MP3 without a separate plugin.

Just use Easy CD-DA Extractor.

YES IT WILL.
get media player 10.

my screen shot shows this.
i have no plug ins of any kind.
this is on my work machine...

:werd: I've got that on my work comp and have tried it before. It does the trick, but I still think that the Easy CD-DA Extractor is better, and you can find it for free if you look in the right places.

Quoted post[/post]]
Windows Media Player won't rip to MP3 without a separate plugin.

Just use Easy CD-DA Extractor.

Well, I got CD-DA installed. Nice program.. You might have to PM me the secret password or key or whetever if you have one. Its rocking so far, and you can open multiple instances of it. I've got two burners, so I have two burning at once. Awesome stuff.

Although it is pretty slow ripping to MP3.. Running at 2x speed for some reason.. I checked the "as fast as possible" thing.. :dunno: Maybe thats just how long it takes, this is my first time mass-ripping.

fast as possible = low quality rips.

rip at 256kbs or higher, and as slow as possibhle for best sound results

Quoted post[/post]]
fast as possible = low quality rips.

rip at 256kbs or higher, and as slow as possibhle for best sound results

You select the quality in this program, I'm going for CD quality rips.

This computer is ripping at just under 2x.

I just installed on another network computer (a new dell) and holy son of a shit... You can hear the cd rom wining.. burning at 20x/ ripping at 11x at cd quality.

Yeah, it depends on the drive you're ripping with. Most will rip at ~12x, some lower, some higher.

I'll send ya a PM tonight when I get home.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, it depends on the drive you're ripping with. Most will rip at ~12x, some lower, some higher.

I'll send ya a PM tonight when I get home.

:thumbsup:

Thanks! That program transformed me into the mp3 ripping master. I've got 4 computers running it at the same time, two with two instances each.. I've got about 100 cds to rip.. gonna take a while anyway.

128 (CD quality) sounds like shit IMO.

i rip at 360 whenever possible, and 256 when not. i won't even bother listening to a track i can't get in over 190 kbs

128 usually sounds okay to me. Anything over 192 is just a waste of space IMO. I can't afford the audio equipment to play it well enough to hear the difference.

Quoted post[/post]]
128 (CD quality) sounds like shit IMO.

i rip at 360 whenever possible, and 256 when not. i won't even bother listening to a track i can't get in over 190 kbs

Strange.. I figured it would be the same as a cd.. being "cd quality".. That sucks ass. I'm going to burn one of each to cd and see what kind of difference it makes. (I'll jam it in the car)

("cd quality" in this proggie is 192)

Back