I need a good MP3/CD burner program

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I knew there was a reason that my music folder was bigger than I expected. I never even looked lol

Unless you're doing professional audio 192 is fine IMO.

or, unless you have a 106 s/n ratio receiver on DVD :p

Well, I did the test CD and found the following:

Its damn near exactly the same between 190 and 320. I listened really hard from track to track and couldn't tell the difference. I got in the car, doors closed, motor off, I even shut down the bass and treble, individually to see if I could pick up a quality difference that way.

In my mind, 320 MAY have been a hair better. MAYBE. It may have just been my mind messing with me though. Its too damn close to call.

This was conducted in my civic on a new alpine system. Good quality stuff. No real difference between tracks, not anywhere near "crappy" vs "amazing"

My verdict: 190 is better.. Double the music and same (at least to my ears) sound.

you'll tend to hear it most on "SSS"'s and hiss. you need good ears to pick it up, but a lot of words like "kiss" will be fuzzy, and the cymbals will be non-resonate and distorted.

on my computer 5.1 system, i can't tell between 192 and 256, but i can between 192 and 320.

in the car, its night and day..... especially since i play raw mp3 files to DVD-R media (i don't de-compress them back to cda's)

4.4gb per disc is the win!

and i still get like 1000 tracks on a disc.... lol

My Pioneer plays mp3 files from CD. I haven't upgraded any of my speakers or anything yet though so it's not fair to judge. Music sounds as good as it could through crap Honda OEM stuff.

Quoted post[/post]]
My Pioneer plays mp3 files from CD. I haven't upgraded any of my speakers or anything yet though so it's not fair to judge. Music sounds as good as it could through crap Honda OEM stuff.

Its strange, there is a huge difference from disk to disk in ripping speed. Metallica: Black ripped at 1-2x and even got down to .33x.. and A missy elliot cd cooked off at 16x the entire time. Both are clean and scratch free...

Quoted post[/post]]
it also depends on what else your machine is doing at the time....

This was noted on the same machine, which is doing nothing but ripping. Its the dell, that is used for our interlock business. Just an odd thing.. Not worried about it or anything.

See, if you were running Linux, I would say K3b. However with Windows you're pretty much shafted for free burning software.

Nero's your best bet but that aint free.

Quoted post[/post]]
you'll tend to hear it most on "SSS"'s and hiss. you need good ears to pick it up, but a lot of words like "kiss" will be fuzzy, and the cymbals will be non-resonate and distorted.

on my computer 5.1 system, i can't tell between 192 and 256, but i can between 192 and 320.

in the car, its night and day..... especially since i play raw mp3 files to DVD-R media (i don't de-compress them back to cda's)

4.4gb per disc is the win!

and i still get like 1000 tracks on a disc.... lol

I <3 mp3 DVDs in the car.

Still want to find another copy of Night of 60,000 Beats... 8 hour long nonstop DJ mix. BAD. ASS.

Wow... all your ears must really suck. I can tell the difference between 128 and 160, 192 and 256... it's easy. The difference is like night and day.

Back