I need a map program...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Hey. i need to know if there are any map programs out there that will let me select my route for a trip. Google and all those sites will give you mileage and all, but it gives you their route. i want to be able to put in point A and point B and be able to choose what highway to use and still get how many miles and all that.

is there any programs i can get that will do that?

the reason i want to know is later this summer i am probably gonna drive from San Diego, up PCH to somewhere around frisco, then cut over to Sac, and come back down to the central valley. I have been wanting to drive PCH all the way up for a while, and i got family in Sac, and family in the central valley. basically i will make a big loop.

if any of you cali guys got any advice of what freeways to use from PCH to Sac, that would be cool, because i might have to just get on Google and add up the mileage for each section of the drive.

yea i was thinking of getting MS Maps and trips, but didn't want to wait for it to Dl if it wasn't gonna work.

yeah i know of no online map progs that do what you're looking for...

eg6sir said:
where in the central valley.??
Porterville
ph34r.gif

just got back from there at like 230 this morning. its fuckin hot. we went to Visalia to go shopping, came out of the mall at like 830pm and it was still over 100 degrees.

i am definately happy to be back in san diego. i don't know how the hell i could stand that heat for so long. i mean, its not that bad, its just annoying as hell because you can't be comfortable.

Last edited:
i always get directions from Mapquest.

never had any problems, tells you distances where to turn, all that crap.

Smonkeyboy said:
i always get directions from Mapquest.

never had any problems, tells you distances where to turn, all that crap.

yea that works if i don't care which freeways i take, but if i put in San Deigo to Sacramento, it will tell me to take 5 all teh way, which is the most direct route, but i want to go the mroe scenic way.

Back