I need a map sensor but not for $175

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96coupeb18

I need a map sensor, I get a code 3 on my GSR 95 Teg and I have priced them and the cheapest I have found is $175.00, any suggestions. Or does anyone have one??? And is there anywhere I can get one cheaper, also will a integra ls say 95 map sensor work, or since I am going to run boost like I plan should I just get a 3 bar gm map sensor, and if I do that will it, will it effect the performance or normal idling or driving of the car until I get boosted, thanks for any help

I also have a code 22 which is a Vtec oil pressure switch/circuit defective or oil pressure switch defective. But if that was the case wouldn't me VTEC not engage??? Some help plz :unsure:

be careful with all this. its rare that 2 of your sensors go bad at once, if at all. it sounds more like to me that you either have some kind of wiring problem, or they are throwing a code for a reason- because its getting a bad reading, and telling you to fix something.
if you have a helms, follow the flow charts for testing the voltages with a meter, and so forth, and that will help you to discover if its bad electronically. if its not, you have further problems, such as fuel issues throwing the map code, vacuum leaks, a mad tit3 JDM electronic supercharger giving you 343 psi and throwing the map code.... something.

also, as for the 3 bar, the oem honda ecu will not work well with it on its own. in fact, hondata has a separate fuel map trigger to toggle between the oem map and the gm 3-bar.

Back