I need a measurment for b16 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox19

I need to know what the distance is from the block to the forward most part of the turbo or manifold. I realize I will get different answers with different setup. I am getting closer to my swap into a different car and need to know the clearance to help me decide to boost or not Odie

Why dont you just list what your current car and swap is, and what car its going into and then youll get more reasonable answers from people who have most likely done it and can give you thier two cents.

Just sayin.

so you just want to know how far forward the turbo or manifold is from the block? that would depend a LOT on what type of manifold you choose. there are ones that will clear the oem AC and full width radiator on an integra... and then there are ones that stick a full 6" farther and require a half radiator.

I will try to clarify.

The swap is going into a Fiat X19. right now I have about 1.5 inches from the stock manifold to the firewall. Just beyond that firewall is the fuel tank that is being relocated up front. That gives me about 4 inches more room. If I have time during lunch, I will measure the distance from the head to the stock firewall, then add 4 inches to find my max space I would have to mount a turbo. I guess what I am looking for is information on what might be the most compact turbo/manifold setup for a b16 that I can find. If I cant find one that fits in the space I have I will have to start looking at a supercharger instead.. Thanks! Odie

inline pro

looks like from my research, an inline pro would be my best bet for tightest fit. thoughts? Odie

well you probably dont want a ramhorn style manifold, but just to give you an idea heres mine... its a fabworx and to the front of wastegate its right at 12" from the head.

turboteg002.jpg

Every setup is going to be different depending on what manifold and turbo you use.
^^ nice setup. I like the valve cover.

Looks like Log style is the way to go. 12" would put it too close to my back for my comfort ;) If my math serves me well, this addition should be under 50 Lbs added. right now with the stock b16 I am about 1725 lbs, this thing should scoot! Odie

Log style or a Drag cast should give you the most clearance.

Back