Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A'PEXi World Sport

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Tanabe SMH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC Sport

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattvivsound

I know this probably has been beat'n to death... but I am still trying to decide which exhaust to get for my 97 Civic EX coupe. I used to have a Greddy SP2 on my ‘95 Probe GT and I did enjoy the sound of it (I also had headers)

I’ve been searching and I am still on the fence on which way to go. In the near future I am getting Short Ram Intake and Headers for the D16Y8 motor, nothing too extensive, since it is primarily a commuter car at the moment. But I am also looking for an exhaust kit that will look good at the same time and fit on the car with out any issues. I plan on putting some front and rear bumper lips.

So my top 3 are;
Magnaflow – best sounding canister style muffler

Greddy SP2 – expensive, nice sounding
A'PEXi World Sport – Quiet and cheapest of the bunch, but I’ve read it develops a rattle.
But I am also looking at Tanabe SMH and DC Sport.

I’ve even watched some you tube clips and I can’t decide on which way to go.

It sounds to me that you have made up your mind for the most part, having already narrowed it down to Magnaflow or Greddy. Which one do YOU like the most? :D

All of those are fine exhausts. Just pick whichever one you like the most. Personally I'd go with the Greddy SP2 or the Apex'i WS...

That's kind of a big request to make, don't you think? It's not like the members here just have mass amounts of pictures of specific parts installed on specific cars stored on their hard drives ready to post on a whim. Just search Google images and You-Tube, I'm sure you'll find some pictures...

I've searched google, but I 12 pages in I am only finding pictures of the kit unbolted or the front end of the car. I also search CarDomain and its also usless.

I'm in a similar situation myself. I think I'm going to go with either RS*R, Apex'i WS2, or Greddy SP2...

Price really isn't a factor for me. I just want an exhaust system that is quiet and has a low deep tone, none of this noisy high pitched annoying shit.

Lemme know what you end up getting and what you think about it.

I've searched google, but I 12 pages in I am only finding pictures of the kit unbolted or the front end of the car. I also search CarDomain and its also usless.

You-Tube is honestly your best bet, both for finding out what the various exhausts sound like and what they look like bolted up. Just type in "Civic Apex'i WS2" or "Accord Greddy SP2" or whatever combo of car and exhaust you're looking at, and you should get at least one result that's exactly what you're looking for, if not many...

Ok so I have narrowed it down to 2 models.

Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper
or
Greddy SP2

Apexi WS2 is on backorder. Several places I called, don't even know of a fulfillment date on the pre-orders.

I prefer the Greddy out of those two, but it's really up to you...

Back