I Need A New Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eyesonlybob

ok, heres the current setup: 2.25" piping from the cat back, with a obnoxious(sp?) 4.5" obx muffler.

nothing wrong with the piping but the muffler is really gay and loud. i want a stock sounding muffler without losing my "performance" from the 2.25" piping. im thinking of getting a magnaflow 2.25" straight through muffler and some resignator. wont look gay and will be quiet right? without bottle-necking my exhaust. opinions?

my main concern is sound, with your dynomax muffler do you have a resinator?

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Mar 30 2003, 02:05 PM
my main concern is sound, with your dynomax muffler do you have a resinator?

nope. no resonator. the one i have is not a straight-thru design, which is probably why its quiet, but its still is a high-flow design. i can vouch for that because i lost significant low-end torque, but gained noticeable high-end power after it was installed. :)
BTW...there are diagrams on the website that show exactly how the flow and baffling works in each muffler.

If you have the money then apex-i makes the world sport exhaust which is super quiet. You didn't say what car you had but maybe another option is something from Honda. Im going to try something with a Civic Si 99 exhaust on my 95 civic, if its good enough to flow 160 hp then my 100 whp shouldnt be any problem. How's that for super stealth. Or you could go with a type r can or even an RSX...im sure anything can be made to fit. Just an idea. :ph34r:

When I get my tanabe racing medalion installed, I will let you know how it sounds, it came with a silencer--stay away from the EVO, that's pretty damn loud.

the racing medallion is really loud without the silencer. don't get me wrong, it sounds hella nice but it's loud. i used to have it on my car but i got rid of it cuz it was really loud.
with the silencer, it's as quiet as a stock muffler but you'll notice a decrease in performance.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 7 2003, 09:20 PM
the racing medallion is really loud without the silencer. don't get me wrong, it sounds hella nice but it's loud. i used to have it on my car but i got rid of it cuz it was really loud.
with the silencer, it's as quiet as a stock muffler but you'll notice a decrease in performance.

:werd: i have a tanabe racing medallion on now, i love the sound of it, but she does get loud in vtec :) it has a deep tone to it, but the silencer makes it almost quieter than stock, i only put it in when i get fix it tickets for the exaust :p

i was thinking of something like the magnalow or dynomax.

Do you think the apexi ws is to small if i plan to go turbo later? if so, i think before i get my swap done i will get a custom 2.5" pipe with a magnaflow or dynomax rear section.

Back