1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new Radiator recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by projectxspeed, Mar 28, 2005.

1. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Last week was a really bad car week. I bought a 1999 GSR from a dealership (SunnysideAcura in Nashua, NH) to find out that it had been repainted, and they "forgot" to mention that. They even have a 3-day 100% any reason return policy, and they still gave me hell trying to return the car. Later that week chrissy's car was being fixed at the auto shop, because she was hit in the back. The shop left HUGE sanding scrathces, so we had to go back and talk to them to do it again. I had to argue with the manager to get them to redo there bad work. Afterwards I walk out to my 1995 Civic and there was a pool of radiator fluid on the ground. DAMN IT! My radiator bottom has a large leak due to corrision. I had it towed home, and parked it. In the morning I went to get my stuff out of my car, and birds had made my car "the target". I was the only car in the entire parking lot with baseball sized green splats all over my car. Sorry for the long rant but I needed to vent. I need a new radiator for my daily driver. I called around and a new one is like 200 wtf. I hit up ebay and found some generic ones for 50ish. I also found a Koyo for 100. Should I just get a generic or is the Koyo a better choice?

CLIFF NOTES:

- My radiator dumped, and I need a new one. Should I get a generic on ebay for about
    $50 or should I spend the extra and get a Koyo for about $100?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yip, radiators from Honda are about 200-270 bucks, ghey huh? I'd say if you can't find one at a junkyard, give the Koyo a try, that's a pretty good price.

3. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I am not payi ng 200 for a non performance daily driver RAD, I am think of trying the Koyo. Just looking to see if anyone had experience with them.

4. formby

formby learning in progress

i paid 100 for a reg rad and it works just fine

5. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

The plastic radiators will crack over and over again. Spend the $290 and get an all aluminum one. Most of the Koyos on Ebay for $100 are just OEM replacements with plastic tanks. If you don't want to keep buying radiators, get an aluminum one and be done with it.

6. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

7. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i think keystone has all metal replacements

8. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

I got my off ebay from the radiator doctor its a KOYO stock replacement :thumbsup:

9. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

the keystone price I found is 119 but the guy cant tell me what its made of just that it will be all metal,are those e-bay brass one's ok?

10. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I got a generic one off Ebay for like $30...works fine, I've had zero problems :)

11. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Radiatorbarn.com simple as that. They have stock, brass, and full alum.

12. 96CIVICLS

96CIVICLS Senior Member

IF YOU HAVE A MOTOR SWAP YOU COULD UPGRADE TO A INTEGRA IF YOU DONT HAVE THE A/C HOOKED UP CHECK THIS OUT WIDER IS BETTER WILL KEEP YOU MOTOR ALOT COOLER GOOD FOR THE MONEY TO HOPE THIS HELPS

13. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted