I need a new radiator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I need a new radiator for my 92 civic dx hatch. i woke up this morning to find a nice large puddle of coolant. Now i am pretty sure that the radiator is dead and i belive it is the original radiator (160,000 miles old). i have looked at advanced auto parts and auto zone and they want $170 for a new one. i search ebay and found this one some brand called koyo is it a fake shit brand or will it work fine. I also found this website they have a lifetime warrenty and there price is compreible to the koyo one. Also if anyone have one for sale please let my know i would be very interested in buying it. thanks for any help! :worthy:

If that's the original radiator, I'm very impressed! I've been through two on my Si, she's on a five year cycle. Don't forget to change your hoses and thermostat at the same time. I was in a crisis mode also the last spring. I went with the 1-800-radiator people and a Koyo oem spec dual core radiator. I was satisfied with the quick home delivery and the quality of the product. It has a lifetime warranty too.

Koyo also make all aluminum racing radiators.

I have no leads on any used radiators, but just look through the various message board classifieds.

its not worth buying a usd radiator, look in yourlocal yellow pages and find a radiator shop, they generally have the best prices

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Aug 29 2004, 01:46 PM
If that's the original radiator, I'm very impressed! I've been through two on my Si, she's on a five year cycle. Don't forget to change your hoses and thermostat at the same time. I was in a crisis mode also the last spring. I went with the 1-800-radiator people and a Koyo oem spec dual core radiator. I was satisfied with the quick home delivery and the quality of the product. It has a lifetime warranty too.

Koyo also make all aluminum racing radiators.

I have no leads on any used radiators, but just look through the various message board classifieds.
[post=383292]Quoted post[/post]​

how much did it cost you?

I think around $125. I asked for a Del Sol Vtec one so it would be dual core. Depending on your plans for your car, I would go with a new one. Any used one you get will of course be old and a little tired.... I forgot to mention that the 1-800 radiator's switchboard is open on Sundays. Try them now, they might be based in California. They have local warehouses all over though.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Aug 29 2004, 05:01 PM
I think around $125. I asked for a Del Sol Vtec one so it would be dual core. Depending on your plans for your car, I would go with a new one. Any used one you get will of course be old and a little tired.... I forgot to mention that the 1-800 radiator's switchboard is open on Sundays. Try them now, they might be based in California. They have local warehouses all over though.
[post=383351]Quoted post[/post]​

my future plans are either a turbo b18b or a b18c. So i am not to sure... but $125 for a dual core seems like a great price. do you know if it will drop in my hatch fine even with a stock single core. Also how long have your radiator lasted? thanks!

It dropped right in. It looks fine. I've had it in since last March. Otherwise I think that one for a GS-R only was like $140. If you don't have a/c in your hatch or are planning to take it out in the future, you might want to go with that one instead. An DC2 integra radiator should fit without the a/c stuff in there.

I just installed an aftermarket radiator in my '86 Civic Wagon. I bought it from radiator.com. The radiator plus next day delivery (it was actually at my doorstep within 16 hours!) was $127. The wagon (with A/C) leaves only a tight squeeze to slip the radiators passed. It was a pain but doable. Helped to have an assistant. The holes for the cooling fan motor shroud weren't in the right place - 2 out of the three were ok but for the third I have to improvise. Other than that it's working beautifully!
Elissa

Back