I need a stripper.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
yea...the wife's not putting out again....so I need a stripper....:D

but not that kind...:(

The foundation of my house was painted with two coats of the most stubborn ugly ass'ed gray paint in the world....and I'd like to return the house to look like it was normally when they built it. So I've been trying for two days with two different chem strippers, wire brushes, air sander, water, tons of elbow grease and sweat. so far I think I've got about 5% done....:(

I just want it to look like a decent brick foundation to add some curb appeal. The huge tree is gone, stump and all, and I even planted 3 rhododendron plants in front of the house, and a flower pot filled with orange, white, and yellow flowers. And I bleached the front steps and got most of the moss, mold, and dirt off the rock formation pillers for the porch. And planted some grass with a few bags of topsoil on the other side of the house where the huge tree was.

The goal...is to add as much curb appeal as possible in the next week or so.... So I can get the house re-appraised, and refi it again so I can get the place totally done and have enough money to get a new car and pay for a small shopping trip in Japan.. Granted...I'll be going from a $132K loan to prolly a $220K loan... and changing from a 15 year to a 30 year.... but the monthly payment will be the same...and then I'll toss it up on the market when the siding, windows, doors, roof, and interior is done with the loan. And look for something closer to work.....now that my credit is better and I'm making more...might as well upgrade.

I was wanting to get a power washer, but everyone tells me that it will blow out the morter...and well, this morter was installed in 1881....but I don't have a problem if the morter gets blown out about an inch, then I can re-morter the wall to add some fresh strength, and look better. And I also thought about placing some new mortar and put some of those new faux rock on to dress the house up....but then I would still have to strip the old paint off to make a good base to adhease to. So I guess going back to stock with a fresh morter filled in would still be the best and cheapest...

how about getting one of those gravity fed sand blasters and hook it up to your air compressor?

i used some sprayable paint stripper on my 89 SI wheels and the shit stripped it down past the original base coat.. it was kinda like a sprayable gel stuff.. .. it did the trick..

the best thing thats working is the sander...but the pads wear out too soon...but I got a huge supply of them... but I have to have someone hose it downing while I sand...and hose me down so I don't turn completely red...

I'm uploading some current pics now

thats basically the same stripper i was talking about.. but it was sprayable and came with a spray bottle

I still need to get some CLR to get the rust off the front steps from the old hand rails...

I'm also tempted to toss the CRX to somebody if they come out and sheetrock the kitchen, do the brickwork and curb appeal, and add a patio...about $1500 in materials....and about $2500 in labor...if I paid a company to do it.

or someone here write up my pathetic life story and submit to Extream Homemake over, pimp my ride, and build my drift/autocross cars....if that show exists...

I'll be away for 2 weeks in Japan...so plenty of time to do the work to my shit.

Damn, if you weren't so far away I'd jump on that in a heart beat. I don't have a job, classes haven't started, and used to do deck construction and sheet rock. Sheet rock was for my dad's business parter for about 4 months(Plus 80% of our current home) and deck construction was about 6 months during my autocad schooling. Hmm, I do have a close uncle somewhere up there =D

Hit it with some heavy chemical stripper, let it sit for 30 mins, or whatever the can says.. Then power wash it. Should come right off.

Try aircraft remover.

350bobtail_2.jpg

?

kid use a scotch brite pad on a mini angle grinder it will do the whole house in about two hours and it wont hurt the brick and will bearly brush the morter

Either chem or sandblast.

I'd also probably suggest adding some small evergreen shrubs around the front of the foundation. The rhody's are good, but they won't spread enough to fix the huge gap.

Get peelaway It will take like 30 layers of paint off. Its easy to use you just put the chemical on the brick and put the paper over it. Wait about a 24 hours or so and peel the paper off. (If you get it read the actual directions but basically do this.) That or you can try stripeez(something like that) and a stiff nylon or wire brush. The wire brush might screw up the surface. I would really recommend the peelaway its good shit. I know that Sherwin Williams and I think Home Depot might have it. Also try going to a real paint store or a hardware store where the guys working there know their shit compared to lowes or homedeepthroat where most of the staff isn't as experienced.

kid use a scotch brite pad on a mini angle grinder it will do the whole house in about two hours and it wont hurt the brick and will bearly brush the morter
this might work well
i think the local napa has the agressive deals that go right on a drill

you could also try a mini propane torch, see if the heat makes the paint pop, try in a non visual area for test purposes

http://eagletugs.mindscapesolutions.com/photos/350bobtail_2.jpg
where can i get one of these to bag?

Back