I need advice about internet relationships.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he rated my wife a 10.....hehe

So he has some taste.

Originally posted by get_nick@Nov 18 2003, 12:33 AM
She is SUPER HOT (i can post pics if anybody wants to see!) and she is very smart. so far she is EXACTLY what i am looking for. but here's my question's.

1.She wants to be exclusive, do i commit 100% to a girl i haven't met in person?

2.How long do i give it before i say,"we meet in person or i don't want to talk to you anymore."

3. Is there any chance this can turn into a normal relationship?

4. has anybody had internet relationships that can give me advice?

:werd: on the pics...

1. I wouldn't. but I also wouldn't date off the net.

2. It's never too soon to meet. Hell the sooner the better, you don't wanna live some fantasy relationship and then find out she has a lisp, do you?

3. Yup. I've seen it happen first hand. Some guy I always talked to in Cali with a 300ZX moved to Indianapolis and married his "girl" who just turned 18...they had never met before...I wonder how that's going... :unsure:

4. I personally haven't, so no.

ok now that I read the rest of the thread and looked at the pics...she does look fake...but good. How can a girl that good looking have trouble finding some fucknut out in the real world? She either has some serious psychotic issues you don't want to know about, or she's the shittiest conversationalist you'll ever meet.

Originally posted by kaishaku@Nov 18 2003, 12:05 PM
DANGER WILL ROBINSON

Long distance/online relationships are Always A Bad Idea.  Repeat this 200x.

lol i laughed my ass off wehn going down the posts only to come across that one! danger danger danger. personaly sence i moved out the ghetto where allllllll my friends were to this base of the hill house off like an hour from my old city i have fallin into a deep depression dew to things we wont get into i had to find people to talk to or i would have killed my self i think and seeing as how i didnt really want to chat with guys even at momments where death was in the air :unsure: i talked to girls and have made a bunch of cool girl/friends on yahoo along with some just plain honry girls my point is i was bound to end up really likeing one and it happend i met this girl brandy in maryland she was having depression problems to not quite as bad as mine so it was even better well i have talked with her for about 6 months now and i think shes gonna fly out and stay for a little while (maybe) and not till i get the teg LS or gsr dont matter just not till i get the new car but any ways i have talked to her on the phone chated with her on cam and all that i have come to one conclusion thats already been pointed out............. shes either

A. a little-alot crazy
B. dumb as a door nail
C. been beatin down and she dont know how fine she is
D. a,b,c

but seeing as how im not 100% sane i still like the girl i talk to and think im still going to have her out in november and shes pretty though im not big about her telling me she wants a kid "sooooooooooo bad" if any one cares to see her photo her name is bisweety6969 on yahoo all i ask is that no one fucks with her and the photo on her pro is new she just cut her hair, i dont like it very much but if you seen the rest of her you would know that if you dont like the hair theres plenty more to be fond of ;) :spin:

if you really like her meet her see what happens if she is a little weird so what she might just need a good guy to put her on a pedestal and make her feel good

i also met this one girl at the mall one time after talking to her on the net and that was the last time i ever talk to her she was about 30 or 40 lbs more then i seen in the picture she still looked ok but she started shoping and i couldint take it that was the killer:D no joke

my second page OWNED today

you should DEFINITELY meet her. if it wasn't for the internet i would have never met my amazing man... :D but i don't tell anyone that...i keep it our little secret. and we have the best relationship now. go for it. ya never know...

p.s. if she's nervous to meet you, that doesn't mean there's something wrong with her that you can't see. i was soooo nervous to meet the first time too. but now i feel like i've known him my whole life. if she lives far away though, ask yourself if you really think it could work out in the future, long distance relationships are hard and you don't want a relationship based solely online. ok that's it.

don't listen to that guy. there are quality girls out there. hey, if you were looking her up and you are decent, then why shouldn't she be? honestly, just because someone uses the computer doesn't make them anymore weird than other people.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE...i know from experience. i have the best relationship in the world, and we started off online.

lol see girls dont understand guys and its not cause were hard to under stand but because its hard for girls to believe were so simple and basic and guys surely dont understand girls, i dont care how much they claim to they just dont. girls are complex very complex. i dont think its impossible to meet a normal girl or a normal guy on the net just that isint my take on this particular sichi ashon....if you know what i mean ;)

Meeting girls online isn't a bad thing - But these demands and expectations are. I Wouldn't do it, but only because I've become quite savvy of online dating and meeting people over the web.

The web is a great way to find someone - It can also be your undoing. Of the multitudes of chicks I met, Some big problems come up :

1. They have some sort of problems meeting people over the net. So, when you first meet you already come pre-loaded with hesitation, fear, or some sort of issue.

2. Long distance doesn't work. It's not worth it to drive or fly to meet someone based on their text. If you can somehow come half way - And would consider moving closer than fine. This can change your life, and while it's been known to work 99% of the time it doesn't. If you were playing a gambling game you would look at those odds and walk away.

3. Be prepared to meet someone that you haven't considered. In my area, there are few black people. I met this one girl, and I really dig her personality, talents, and philosophies. Then I found out she was black. While this isn't a problem with me, I suddenly find myself in situation #1 up there. When I arrive to meet her, I've brought my own issue. Not a great way to start. It's just something I didn't expect, because I don't meet black people on my own.

4. In your circles of travel, be it the Gym or Bars - You're now looking outside of that realm into something totally different. You'll meet people you never thought you would - From masochists to liberals. (Eww... makes me wanna stay home). Be sure you ask all of these questions right off the bat - And if you're not comfortable with any of their responses, Pass them up. You're only wasting your time and theirs.

5. Meeting through text can be a blessing. When you meet someone in person - the attraction is usually based on appearances and demeanor. With text, all of that is cut aside. You'll meet someone based on their interests and tact. This is something that lasts forever. If you can get along with them in text, you can get along with them in life.

6. You can instantly avoid people that spell "Tommorrow". Nothing brings out the idiocy in someone like their spelling or context.

7. Finally, With text communication people are usually wittier and concise than they are in person. Being together in person means that you'll run out of things to talk about. It happens. In text you can wrap it up with all sorts of "Gotta take the dog for a walk" or "I have to get going, it's been nice talking". Meeting in person, especially after travelling for hours and hours, removes this easy-out.

As far as looks, There are some things that are strange. Posted internet pictures, usually with a digital camera, pick up lots of flaws and minor things that you wouldn't even see in person. I know my complexion looks terrible on digital film. When you see a picture of someone, don't discount them as ugly - The camera may not lie, but then again it's not like they are setup in front of a modelling photographer either. Remember that picture of Gwyneth Paltrow with and without the makeup?

-> Steve

P.S. Yeah, she does look fake. The bronzing lotion on the chest is hideous. If she cleaned herself up and sanded off the makeup she might be a catch.

Originally posted by get_nick@Nov 18 2003, 12:33 AM
Ok, heres the deal. I'm not much of a computer person. i only scored 2.2% on the geek test, so internet relationships aren't really my style. I met this girl on a meet people website. we matched and started to email each other. then we moved to chatting and now we talk on the phone all the time and still do the chat thing. we talk 2 or 3 times a day and everything is cool. we still haven't met yet in person and she only lives 2 hours away. She is scared to meet because she thinks i won't like her in person and she is scared to fall in love because she doesn't want to get hurt again. so in short she wants to wait to meet. She is SUPER HOT (i can post pics if anybody wants to see!) and she is very smart. so far she is EXACTLY what i am looking for. but here's my question's.

1.She wants to be exclusive, do i commit 100% to a girl i haven't met in person?

2.How long do i give it before i say,"we meet in person or i don't want to talk to you anymore."

3. Is there any chance this can turn into a normal relationship?

4. has anybody had internet relationships that can give me advice?

Been through this before as well, and though I didn't have much luck, it did last for quite some time. Here is what I would say to you're Q's

1. No way. Though you may like her picture and you may find that she is everything, you can't commit anything until you ACTUALLY meet her. Think of it this way, would you buy a car part for you're car that claims "50hp increase" with no pictures, specs or anything? no.

2. Like everyone else has been saying, the sooner you meet her, the better. You seen her pictures, yes. You chatted with her, yes. You even mentioned you webcam chatted. Well, there is a big diffrence from all that and meeting them in person - this way you can see what they are really like ouside and away from the computer.

3. If things go well after meeting and everything else is going well, then the chance for it to turn more serious is good.

4. Make sure you two want to go along with it. I was in one for like a year and a half. At the beggining it was all great and fun. In the middle of it all, she wanted to write an e-mail like whenever we could and I was like "sure, why not." We made contact every so often and things got rougher after that- got to the point where I would not hear from her until like once every 2 weeks. If I recall correctly, she would always start off with "I am soo sorry."

And ya. Pretty much be sure she lives no more than an hour away from ya and that things are all good from teh above areas.

With that said, here is my pathetic attempt to meet someone :p

Any girls here on the forums live in Oregon near Salem :lol:

GomezKun :ph34r:

IMO, there is nothing wrong with internet relationship. I was 16, she was 17 we started dating becuase we met in a Chat Room, lasted a year, I got fed up and met someone in real life becuase she gave me all the confidence I eneded to talke to woman in real life. So there ya go, go with ya instinct yO'. Dont turn to HS with something like this, do what you think you should.

i meet my current girl on the net, she saw my pic at my cuz house and liked me, and one day while she was on his PC she started to talk to me, and then that is the first time we talked, and we chatt online for about 8 months on phone, then she came to NYC to visit me, and she was HOT, and we been goin out for 1 year now.
before her, i wasn;t into the internet dating thing, and my cuz was tellin me she was hot and he said mad nigs tried and failed, and no one believe she had a BF till i came down.

here are two pics she sent me before i met her....
she is on the left corner...and her twin sister ont he right corner...
DSC05930.jpg

here she is again
STAGES23.JPG

bonus pic.....I am in the brown shirt, and my friend (drove down with me from NY to FL together)
DSC07647.JPG

:eek: wow...twins...they ever try to fuck with you or can you tell em apart now that you've known the one for a year? I'd still have a problem tellin them apart. I went to school with twins and teh only way to tell them apart was Brooke was a complete bitch to everyone that wasn't her friend and the other one, Heather, wasn't. :lol:

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 18 2003, 03:17 PM
:eek: wow...twins...they ever try to fuck with you or can you tell em apart now that you've known the one for a year? I'd still have a problem tellin them apart. I went to school with twins and teh only way to tell them apart was Brooke was a complete bitch to everyone that wasn't her friend and the other one, Heather, wasn't. :lol:

LOL the sister tried all the time, jsut to see if i would mess up...and once she caught me, but my girl was in on it...lol.....but never again...i know her toooo tooo well....

Don't do it! That's how Fak Bishes came about... :ph34r:
My "online girl" came to meet me, and then we fucked. I went to see her and then we fucked some more. Then she didn't call me for 2 weeks. She was still engaged. She loved me and wanted to be with me and all that shit, then she told me she and her guy were still together. What a douche...
I'm better now. :)
She used me. I was her last piece of dick before she got married. I hope she has 10 kids and has to go on welfare or something.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 18 2003, 12:36 PM
ok now that I read the rest of the thread and looked at the pics...she does look fake...but good. How can a girl that good looking have trouble finding some fucknut out in the real world? She either has some serious psychotic issues you don't want to know about, or she's the shittiest conversationalist you'll ever meet.

She doesn't have any problems finding guys. Like 99% of women, she too was scarred by some douche bag who treated her like shit. That's where all the issues come from. And she only lives 2 hours away so it would be easy to meet or stay the night with her. so i don't really know what to think about all of it. i just know how things are right now. i want to meet really bad. so how do i help her get over the fear of being hurt again?

Originally posted by get_nick+Nov 18 2003, 06:14 PM-->
sleepergtx
@Nov 18 2003, 12:36 PM

She doesn't have any problems finding guys. Like 99% of women, she too was scarred by some douche bag who treated her like shit. That's where all the issues come from. And she only lives 2 hours away so it would be easy to meet or stay the night with her. so i don't really know what to think about all of it. i just know how things are right now. i want to meet really bad. so how do i help her get over the fear of being hurt again?

Don't hurt her again.

Originally posted by SimSimma@Nov 18 2003, 02:01 PM
you should DEFINITELY meet her. if it wasn't for the internet i would have never met my amazing man... :D but i don't tell anyone that...i keep it our little secret. and we have the best relationship now. go for it. ya never know...

p.s. if she's nervous to meet you, that doesn't mean there's something wrong with her that you can't see. i was soooo nervous to meet the first time too. but now i feel like i've known him my whole life. if she lives far away though, ask yourself if you really think it could work out in the future, long distance relationships are hard and you don't want a relationship based solely online. ok that's it.

i can't beleive it . . . but i'm gonna have to take the n00bs side on this one . . haha.

you should definitely meet her man. especially if you've been talking like 2 or 3 times a day. you should meet soon, don't wait much longer, cause the longer you wait the more nervous you both are gonna be. i'd meet for like coffee or dessert or something and then just go from there. if things are cool you could ask her to do something else or make plans for another time. if things go bad . . . down the coffee and :imgone:

Back