I need advice. Here's my story...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPower

I have a '93 delSol automatic with nearly 250k miles. I bought it relatively cheap with a blown head gasket expecting to swap the motor/tranny as a summer project. I'm not mechanically inclined, but I have to start somewhere. I originally wanted to drop in a b18c, until I saw what it would cost. Then I looked at b16's which was still too rich for my blood. However, I was offered an f23a motor w/ manual transmission from an Accord. Could I swap this into my '93 delSol? Thanks in advance.

You can, but is going to be very involved work, and you said your not mechanically incline so I wouldnt recommend this for your first swap. If you have the "swap bug" and really want to learn a little I would say try to find an LS motor (B18B from a 94/95 Integra) They are pretty cheap and easy to find, not to mention it will give you enough power to have fun with and be easy to swap. Also these motors respond well to minor upgrades.

Yeah, there's a plethora of b18b engines I found online. However I still can't swing what they're asking for. Basically I have a chance to purchase an f23a motor with automatic tranny for $250. I know auto to manual conversions are involved, but couldn't I get an automatic tranny and mate it to the f23a? And if so, which transmission?

Back