i need advise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c1ek

*Vtec*
ok guys here is the deal i got a 99 civic ex and i bought a gsr obd2 block not long ago im planning on boosting this thing so i would like to know what crank should i use? what rods? and all that good stuff i want to reach the lowest compression ratio possible that way i can boost more!! i got gsr crank ls crank and si crank im just not sure what i should use.. thanks guy anything will help i got the block back from the shop and im just ready to put it together thanks again!!

Lower Compression Ratio is NOT always better. Ideal for FI applications is ~9.0:1. You can go higher, but you had better have a decent tune.

You need to set a power goal before you start picking parts. In addition, you do not pick parts based upon what someone on an internet forum tells you to pick. You pick them by doing research. If you had done any research, you would know that OEM Honda crankshafts are just about the best you're gonna get. Balanced to excessive RPM's and tough enough to withstand 600whp, it just doesn't get much better than that.

Do some research, set a power goal, then try asking more specific questions.

Lower Compression Ratio is NOT always better. Ideal for FI applications is ~9.0:1. You can go higher, but you had better have a decent tune.

You need to set a power goal before you start picking parts. In addition, you do not pick parts based upon what someone on an internet forum tells you to pick. You pick them by doing research. If you had done any research, you would know that OEM Honda crankshafts are just about the best you're gonna get. Balanced to excessive RPM's and tough enough to withstand 600whp, it just doesn't get much better than that.

Do some research, set a power goal, then try asking more specific questions.

Agreed 100%
If you are set on using your GSR block, then use your GSR crank along with it. You don't need to be concerned with a rock bottom c/r...use a set of correct pistons matched w/ Eagles to get you the compression you need.

Back