I need all sorts of help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheapcivic88

I just bought a 1988 Civic HB STD it right now is a serious pile of crap it has a d15b2 with a 4 speed tranny o yeah and its throttle body - where should I start? P.S i have a VTEC head for sale that came off a 92-95 civic 1.6 - complete in good shape.

first i would make sure the block is worth putin the z6 head on.. if there are stupid miles on it, i would just get a new block too. you can use ANY block from 88-95 and i THINK maby up to 98.. but i mean u can get a Dseries block for like 50$ so its totaly worth it.. if your gona do it make sure it will be worth it. like if the block in there now has stupid miles on it the rings could have bad blowby killing your performance with your loss of compression.. so thats wut i would do, and then if i were u pick up a CRX/CIVIC si tranny... good luck bro
Tyler

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 18 2004, 08:06 PM
just buy an a6 and swap that in there. you could find a complete swap for maybe 300-400 tops
[post=378871]Quoted post[/post]​

well the block in the car has 97k miles on it - leaks oil like a bitch so i am definatly pullin it out - i want the car to have some performance but still be a reliable work car but I have heard that d series motors are not good to build and break easilly any input?

Back