i need an obd2 jdm b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B_Wolfe

I am getting pissed. I am trying to find a jdm b16a2 for my 96 dx coupe. I dont want to fork up $3800 for an sir2. I have checked all over the net with no luck. hmotorsonline doesn't even carry them. Anyone have any suggestions?

The US DelSol had an OBD II B16A2 in it from 96-97, so you can broaden your search to included it too.

the del sols vetc had a b16a3 in them from 94-97 they never had a b16a2 in them the only one that had this motor was a 99-00 civic si. the jdm version was a b16b in the 96-00 civic type R you can find pleny of them on ebay with a full swap package here check this out

ya boy steveo

Well according to the Honda parts book at the service counter they did. B16A3 from 94-95, B16A2 from 96-97.

Originally posted by B_Wolfe@Apr 21 2005, 09:00 PM
hmotorsonline doesn't even carry them. Anyone have any suggestions?
[post=489814]Quoted post[/post]​

give them a call im sure they can get you one

depending on where you live this may or may not be a good idea - i just got done with a b16a swap in my 98 civic ex - wasn't a hard swap to do other than the wiring - it helped that 12volt dc electrical is what i do for a living... anyways - went from obdII to obdI - much easier to tune in the long run and no check engine light coming on with every mod... anyways - got the motor from hmotorsonline and from talking to the guys there they do have obdII motors - i opted not to go that route - plus it was more expensive... after driving the car i must say its a must to put a DOHC motor in..

Back