1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need b18c Swap advice

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by DeCoY, Feb 24, 2006.

1. DeCoY

DeCoY Member

I own a 1990 Honda civic SI hatchback. I am looking into buying a JDM b18c complete swap off of ebay. I need all of you expert advice about what i will need to complete the swap and if you think this ebay auction is a good deal. I'm not sure i will be able to do the swap myself (due to lack of tools/garage) so i may have to hire my mechanic to do it. If ANY of you know any good honda shops in Denver Colorado it would be VERY appreciated. Thank you for all your help.

Items for auction:
    Engine
    Transmission 5 Speed
    ECU
    Disterbutor
    Alternatur
    Starter
    A/C Compresser
    Power Steering Pump
    Intake Manifold
    Exhaust Manifold
    All Sensors
    Clutch
    Fly Wheel
    Pressure Plate
    Half Shaft
    Down Pipe

If you want to look at the auction it is at
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-B18C-GS...039739081QQrdZ1

thank you very much.

2. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

you'll need to convert the transmission from hydro to cable, OBD or change the ECU
    and, change the wire harness
    90-93 integra axels, mounts to fit a b series motor in. custom shift linkage
    and making sure the motor runs right once its in place

3. tip

tip Senior Member

I WONULD NOT DO IT FO SHO.............!!!!!!!!!!! The only payment options is check or money order. that all by itself seals the deal for me...

4. DeCoY

DeCoY Member

thx for noticing that tip, i will probably go with another motor of same type from a more trustworthy seller. How hard would it be to convert the transmission from hydro to cable? i swear my mechanic told me i have a hydro clutch but i must be crazy. So i will need the shift linkage and to convert my clutch? anything else? Im very new to this so i could use all the advice any of you have.

5. DeCoY

DeCoY Member

Does anyone know where i can find a shift linkage for a 90 civic with a b18c ? ? ?

6. dominik

dominik Junior Member

You have no choice but to convert the car to OBD1. This is quite simple, go to www.rywire.com and buy the OBD0 to OBD1 ecu jumper harness and also buy the OBD0 to OBD1 jumper harness for the distributor. This way you can retain your stock SI harness and then just wire in the vtec.
    As far as converting to hydro, you don't have to. Just find a first gen YS1 GSR tranny which is cable.
    I can get you the mounts and the linkages.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted