I need b18c Swap advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DeCoY

I own a 1990 Honda civic SI hatchback. I am looking into buying a JDM b18c complete swap off of ebay. I need all of you expert advice about what i will need to complete the swap and if you think this ebay auction is a good deal. I'm not sure i will be able to do the swap myself (due to lack of tools/garage) so i may have to hire my mechanic to do it. If ANY of you know any good honda shops in Denver Colorado it would be VERY appreciated. Thank you for all your help.

Items for auction:
Engine
Transmission 5 Speed
ECU
Disterbutor
Alternatur
Starter
A/C Compresser
Power Steering Pump
Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold
All Sensors
Clutch
Fly Wheel
Pressure Plate
Half Shaft
Down Pipe

If you want to look at the auction it is at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-B18C-GS...039739081QQrdZ1

thank you very much.

you'll need to convert the transmission from hydro to cable, OBD or change the ECU
and, change the wire harness
90-93 integra axels, mounts to fit a b series motor in. custom shift linkage
and making sure the motor runs right once its in place

Quoted post[/post]]
you'll need to convert the transmission from hydro to cable, OBD or change the ECU
and, change the wire harness
90-93 integra axels, mounts to fit a b series motor in. custom shift linkage
and making sure the motor runs right once its in place

I WONULD NOT DO IT FO SHO.............!!!!!!!!!!! The only payment options is check or money order. that all by itself seals the deal for me...

thx for noticing that tip, i will probably go with another motor of same type from a more trustworthy seller. How hard would it be to convert the transmission from hydro to cable? i swear my mechanic told me i have a hydro clutch but i must be crazy. So i will need the shift linkage and to convert my clutch? anything else? Im very new to this so i could use all the advice any of you have.

You have no choice but to convert the car to OBD1. This is quite simple, go to www.rywire.com and buy the OBD0 to OBD1 ecu jumper harness and also buy the OBD0 to OBD1 jumper harness for the distributor. This way you can retain your stock SI harness and then just wire in the vtec.
As far as converting to hydro, you don't have to. Just find a first gen YS1 GSR tranny which is cable.
I can get you the mounts and the linkages.

Back