I need help and pics please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Comngetsum

Ok here is the senario. I, being a idiot, a few years ago removed my B16A from my 88 CRX. I dissasembled the motor for rebuild and....... well things got complicated. To make a incredibly long story short I have all the motor back together minus one portion. I cannot seem to figure out how to get that bracket the goes between the mount and the engine (tranny) at the rear connected. I think I have all the peices but it is beyond me on where I have gone wrong.

Yes the motor/tranny/peices were in many boxes and has been moved 3 times and it is very possible that I have lost a bolt or two or peices whole.

What I need is a picture of the rear of a B16a with that bracket for the rear mount attached. From that I am sure I can solve my problem.

Moral of the story kids, don't join the Army shortly after removing / dissassembly of your motor, because you will be posted to 3 different locations and if you love your ride you will haul the piece of crap ( sigh!) around for 3 years and screw everything up.

If anyone can help it would be awsome.

btw
I did search images throughout the net and it is impossible to find what I am looking for.

thanks for any help

eew. this sounds sticky. bump! i wish i knew anything helpful, but i am in for the read.

word of advise.. always label the parts and never lose anything.. haah.. dont know what to tell you.. how about you post pics of where you're at and maybe we can tell whats missing.. :shrug2:

k, this is going to be painfull. but here you go....
From the passenger side of the car, the yellow circle is the piece that bolts to the mount. take note though that the mount bolts into the two holes closer to the driver side on the crossmember and the factory sleeve that was used on the old mount (it's like a large washer) needs to go here on the passenger side of the mount. the green circle is the bolt that connects the bracket to the back of the engine.
th_P1010482.jpg

this is from the other side of the bracket. again, not much camera room down there.
th_P1010481.jpg

this one is from the same side (driver) but lower. in this one you cant see the mount, but can see the upper bolt that goes to the engine (green) and the two bolts that go into the transmission (red).
th_P1010478.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help so far, the pics are a tad small but it seems to me that I have a different braket from the crossmember to the engine?? I will take pics and post hopefully tonight. Things have gone a little crazy on my base, a helocopter accident hase resulted in a fatality and it looks like a long day of keeping reporters out of the area.

Thanks again and I should be able to post the pics of the parts and engine tonight

i was thinking the same thing, however i cant seem to make them any larger. is it just photobucket that makes them so small? what can i do to enlarge them? someone inform me and i'll make them visible to humans. otherwise, have your pet parrot take a look at them and see what he thinks.

Back