I Need Help Big Time!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TommYnY

HydroLockeD Type-S GuY
.........to anyone who responds w/ good info trust me i appreciate it and will add to reputaion if this forum does that..

i jus got a 94 civic hatch for a great price...it has a mint body all stock and really wasnt touched by any hacking tuners body and chassis wise...however the bad thing is it has a obd0 b16 in it...i got it so cheap b/c the kids who had it couldnt make it run properly.
its complete obd0 motor(intake/exhaust manifold/head/block)
its all fucked up!!!...it came w/ a vx ecu....i jus got a p28 to hopefully make it run better...its surging bad i think its b/c the intake manifold was removed by the old owners and is leaking bad also the pvc valve thing is broken inside the intake manifold. it has a map sensor but its not connected to the throttle bady its loose and theres a vacum hose connected. the o2 sensor is 2 wire and near the head and disconnected. im in ny and its 1am and ina few hours im going to remove the manifold and change the gasket. and blead the entire coolant system out. any links to detailed tech or just tech support on this thread would be greatly appreciated!
thanx.....
-TommY

Sorry to tell you bro, but your car sounds like it needs a LOT of work...

First of all, you've got the wrong ECU in there...you need to either get your P28 chipped and run a P30/B16 program, or get a P30 ecu. While the P28 will run the B16, it's the wrong ECU for that application, and does not have the correct fuel maps for the DOHC VTEC motor.

Now, on to the other problems. Go to AutoZone and get a new intake manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, and PCV valve, all for a 99-00 Civic Si. You'll spend maybe 20 bucks total, if even that. Don't worry about the MAP sensor not being mounted on the throttle body, the OBDO B16's had the MAP mounted on the firewall. Just make sure the MAP sensor has a good vacuum connection to the intake manifold, and is plugged in. As far as the O2 sensor, you'll need to get a 4-wire O2 sensor from just about any Civic, Integra, Prelude, Accord, etc....pretty much just a 4-wire Honda O2 sensor.

I'm not sure what particular model civic you have, but .:FFS TechNet:. should have most, if not all, of the wiring instructions/diagrams you'll need for wiring up the 4-wire O2 sensor, and any other wiring you might have to do.

Sorry to tell you bro, but your car sounds like it needs a LOT of work...

First of all, you've got the wrong ECU in there...you need to either get your P28 chipped and run a P30/B16 program, or get a P30 ecu. While the P28 will run the B16, it's the wrong ECU for that application, and does not have the correct fuel maps for the DOHC VTEC motor.

Now, on to the other problems. Go to AutoZone and get a new intake manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, and PCV valve, all for a 99-00 Civic Si. You'll spend maybe 20 bucks total, if even that. Don't worry about the MAP sensor not being mounted on the throttle body, the OBDO B16's had the MAP mounted on the firewall. Just make sure the MAP sensor has a good vacuum connection to the intake manifold, and is plugged in. As far as the O2 sensor, you'll need to get a 4-wire O2 sensor from just about any Civic, Integra, Prelude, Accord, etc....pretty much just a 4-wire Honda O2 sensor.

I'm not sure what particular model civic you have, but .:FFS TechNet:. should have most, if not all, of the wiring instructions/diagrams you'll need for wiring up the 4-wire O2 sensor, and any other wiring you might have to do.

its a dx model...is the p30 model the del sol obd1 vtec ecu?? im going to check your link rigght now!

a p30 is any obd1 dohc vtec civic or delsol

a p30 is any obd1 dohc vtec civic or delsol

doesnt sound easy to come by...ima look out for that ecu...
i see exactly what your sayin civicous about maps on the p28 vs the b16 motor...but can i get away w/ driving it untill i get the proper ecu?
or...
whats a cheapstandalone method for b series so i can just use a b16 base map...like the pr3 map like my motor is?

i also have a dc5 w/ k pro i just hydrolocked it and am devastated!! but k-pro worked great! if i get hondata w/ there be a base map for b16?

but if its a complete obdo b16 and you wont to keep it stock that motor came with a pr3 ecu

but if its a complete obdo b16 and you wont to keep it stock that motor came with a pr3 ecu

i have a pr3 ecu..its ina obd1 civic though...is there a jumper to go from obd1 chassis to obd0 ecu?

im not real sure on that one but im sure you can because ive done sevral obd2 to obd1 so i dont see why not

im not real sure on that one but im sure you can because ive done sevral obd2 to obd1 so i dont see why not

well...i thought of that intially and looked around and havent seen any jumpers like that...i dont know how to make my own!!!...lol...if any1 knows different plz let me know...

Back