i need help on b16 or b18 and other question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM K1d

i just recently bought a 95 Honda civic hatchback eg and i was looking to put a b18c1 or a b16 i looked on the site for a bit and saw Hmotors is a trusted site and i went looking and i found that the b16 is only 10 hp less then the b16 and i here that the b16 has good reving? idk if that's true? and i also heard that the b16 has a better transmission? i was going to eventually put a turbo on ethier one i bought and i was wondering is it worth it to spend the extra money on the 10hp? and my dad has a 95 Honda civic ex 2dr and i was going to do his timing belt and i wanted to know if i had to pull his engine out? thanks for the help its appreciated.

Hmotors is a great source for jdm engines. I bought mine there. The thing saw 2 years of boost, and was in perfect condition when I sold it. The gsr will be noticably quicker than the b16. While 10 hp may not be much, it has more torque and makes it a little lower. If your goal is to eventually turbo, I'd recommend a b18b. While it only makes 140hp stock, it's a great base for a stock internal turbo build. The money you save on the swap can go towards the turbo setup. Finally, yes you can do the timing belt on your father's car without removing the engine. Put a jack under the engine and remove the driver's side mount in order to get the belt off.

wuh 99sidude said was rite cuz rite now im swaping in ma b18a and puttin a turbo set up on it ma boi got a stock ls wit a presicion turbo on it and tha cars a beast but all pretains to if u goin n/a or fi budget wise id go as 99sidude said ls turbo its funner and can be faster if done properly than a gsr or b16

Back