i need help on the rod bearing code?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea, i need help... i just call honda about my rod bearings.. and they were asking me for a code or color code??? im just wondering if anyone knows the oem codes for the rod bearings.../ for 95 integra b18b1? or if anyone knows were we can find the rod bearing codes on the block or rods??? cause i said standard size and they didnt argee on standard size... they ask for a code....neeed help A.S.A.P!!!! thanks!!!!!! :)

There's no "standard size". You'll have to look on the crankshaft rod journal area and on your rods to find numbers/letters you can cross reference in your service manual- there's a chart in there that will tell you what color code you need to order.

here is where they are on the crank. look for a number stamped on the side of the rod. then you use these numbers in a cross reference in the helms manual to get the color code.
s3ff0b4ec57e70.jpg

Using B16's beautiful picture above you take the letters on the crank next to the rod journal and number on the rod you will be using for that journal and that will tell you a color bearing for it for example if your rod journal says A and the rod that you will be using for it has the number 3 on it, then you would look up A3 in the helms manual and that will give you a color code such as yellow, brown, red etc.

now for the main bearings you would take the numbers off the crank and you will find five letters on the back of the block by where the flywheel goes if the first letter is B for instance and the first number on your crank is 3 then you would look up B3 in the helms and find the color for it, and that would be your first bearing closest to the pulley

they do sell standard bearings for hondas through aftermarket suppliers but it requires a machine shop to machine your block to all one specific size, i prefer using the OEM honda bearings in my own opinion,

remember to plastigauge all your internals before the final bolt down, to make sure they are all within tolerances.

Back