I need help picking a turbo for my car,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TgEgS

Hey all, I'm 17 just bought a 1993 eg sedan and its a got a b18b1 swap and I wanna run a turbo. But I'm not sure what to buy and I don;t habe 3,000 to spend on it. Any suggestions? No slandering please. :)

you're going to have to piece one together. how much money do you have? how much power are you looking to get? how much work can you do yourself?

I want to get the most power I can, and I can do all the work. And about $1,000

if you only have $1000, you are going to need to take some time to piece together a turbo. the catch is, once you get the turbo, you are going to need to tune it. i have seen tunes alone cost $1000.

start working on a list of turbo parts you want to get and start collecting. you are going to need at least $2,000 to get everything set up right and running well.

as 95b16coupe stated, to get things going correctly, expect to invest around $2k at LEAST. if you dont have the cash to spend, turbocharging isnt the option for you.

found one.

Big_turbo.jpg

Haha that thhing would work... If I had a trailer lol

1000 bucks is hard to use unless your sourcing someone elses' pile 3rd hand.

used turbos can be had for 250 bucks... small t3s, 16gs, etc. same for a manifold. 100 in lines, 200 injectors, 100 downpipe, 100 exhaust

and you tapped budget already (and good lukc finding a $100 exhaust) and still need to get a waste gate if the turbo isn't internally gated, a bov, a catch can, misc vac lines, fittings, fluids, tap the oil pan, and of tune.

just sold a nearly complete full turbo kit for a 1.5 mirage for 400 shipped. you should be able to piece together something for 500 bucks cheap on a civic.

I'm with Turbo. It's entirely possible to piece one together for $1000. You'll just need to find some great deals, know what you're looking for, and search many avenues to do it. Take your time piecing it together. And by taking your time, you'll also be able to save more cash.

Keep an eye out on craigslist. I've seen some incomplete turbo set-ups go for next to nothing. Then just a few more parts and you're there.If you have a good junkyard near you, you could also make an almost complete junkyard set-up.

Most importantly, read up on the subject so you know what you're talking about and know what things are worth. If you get a deal on a turbo, but it needs a rebuild, it may not be such a deal.

find the power level you want, and then build a setup to match.

you can always always pick up small things, like your FPR, injectors, intercooler, and management right away. and even install everything but the injectors.

Because my car was boosted but the guy sold the kit so it's all ready for it

Back