I need help popping my axle out!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You NEED that clip on there! It is there to keep the axle from popping out under suspension droop. Next time just have someone pry on it with your big pry bar there while you bang on it with a mallett. Glad to hear you got it off though :D

Originally posted by nfn15037@Mar 15 2004, 12:30 PM
You NEED that clip on there! It is there to keep the axle from popping out under suspension droop. Next time just have someone pry on it with your big pry bar there while you bang on it with a mallett. Glad to hear you got it off though :D

Do you really think I need that? <_< Damn! I just put it back together. Does that explain why my car is now vibrating at higher RPM?

u guys cant get an axle out?! :wtf: next time all u have to do is yank on the axle by the axle joint right where its connected to the tranny while u have a friend pull on it as hard as he can on the other end of the same axle. u gotta pull it at the axle joint by the tranny cause if u dont u could break it off and then ur gonna have it stuck in ur tranny. and if that still wont work u get a third friend to pry it out using the crowbar and the "big fucking hammer" while u do all the other steps. :concur:

Originally posted by dinasty2003@Mar 15 2004, 01:59 PM
u guys cant get an axle out?! :wtf: next time all u have to do is yank on the axle by the axle joint right where its connected to the tranny while u have a friend pull on it as hard as he can on the other end of the same axle. u gotta pull it at the axle joint by the tranny cause if u dont u could break it off and then ur gonna have it stuck in ur tranny. and if that still wont work u get a third friend to pry it out using the crowbar and the "big fucking hammer" while u do all the other steps. :concur:

I'm talking about the axle, not the freakin driveshaft that connects to the tranny. :angry: The drive shaft came out with no problems. Haven't you been reading earlier what I posted? Do you even know what a driveshaft is? The driveshaft connects to the tranny which connects to the axle. There are two pieces.

im talking about the axle! i know wut an axle is and wut a drive shaft is.. i also know how to take a god damn axle out without removing the drive shaft and fucking other shit up. like removing the clip that u need. its not fuckin brain surgery all u gotta do is pull it with some balls!! but i was telling u to pull the axle from as close to the drive shaft as u can. cause if u pull it from the end u may break the axle into 2 parts and then it will be stuck in the drive shaft. its just that fucking simple! :fuckyou3:

I thought you were thinking about the drive shaft for a minute since you mentioned "tranny." I don't want to start shit so calm down. :peace: That bitch was really stuck there, believe me. Yes, I have pulled it at the base where the cv boot is. So I guess I'll be down there again to put that ring clip back on. I appreciate the help.

i've got 90-93 integra axles on mine...the driver's side axle is male, and the intermediate shaft is female, and its a LOT easier to get out than the 94-up b-series axles.

the driver's axle was a bitch to get out a few weeks ago, thogh, so i just got under there with a hammer and beat the shit out of it, and after about 15 minutes or so the axle just fell out of the intermediate shaft :D

Ouch... sorry it was so hard to get out Mark! I thought you would have been able to get it out easier than that. The ring clip is really easy to get in- once you have the axle in though, it's a bitch to get out. You already know that though.

:)

Originally posted by dinasty2003@Mar 15 2004, 01:59 PM

Thats a great way to pull apart the CV joints right there.

Just to clarify, the 2 shafts that have CV joints are axles, the one solid shaft(drivers side) that bolts to the back of the block is called an intermediate shaft.

A big flathead and some jiggling always works for me. Just be patient and try it in different spots around the axle, eventually itll pop out.

Back