I need help QUICK !!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_types

I bought a JDM B16a SIR2 with Y21 LSD Tranny. Into a 92-95 Civic

My B Series mount does not fit on the driver's side, it almost needs to be back about an inch or so. I can force my engine into place but it just doesn't sit right.

Is my mount bracket not right ?!?! i've been seaching all night.

Do I need a bracket which is attached to the mount from 94-up integra, maybe del sol ?!?!

Is your rear mount already in? If you are using the mounts that came with the motor, they should go right in, and depending on which bracket is mounted to the motor, you can use you Civics also. Possibly it was jarred in a wreck too, as lots of those motors come from wrecks.

Do you think maybe somebody ripped you off and you got a first gen. SiR motor swap? Somebody correct me, but i don't think the SiR 1 mounts are the same as the SiR II.

Buddy of mine has a B18 in his 91' Integra and it is a perfect match.

It's casted 92' block in the head,

I think I've read somewhere that some 93' integras in Japan indeed did have a B16A

If so, I think I need a 94'-up integra bracket which holds this driver's side mount.

everything else fits perf. beside's axles(gotta go for a good rip) try my new ones

ah yes ................. they aren't supposed to be.........

Anybody know what bracket and mount I need. 94'-up integra right ?

Anybody have pics ??

If you bracket studs are side by side, and not offset, than you need a 94+ mount. If you had the bracket like mine, where they are offset, you can use the Civics mount.

s404c19991adc5.jpg

s404c19c43a99f.jpg

My mount is the same, but my bracket is different

Do you know what I can match my bracket to ?

Thanks in advance, you're saving a huge headache !!

If you have hte offset mount, than you need a 92-95 SiR bracket, not 100% what else will work. Or just get the 94+ Teg, or Delsol Vtec mounts.

Just ordered 97' Del sol DOHC Vtec bracket for the driver's side mount.

Fingers crossed !!

Doesn't the Del sol and 92-95 civic hatch have the same engine bay?

Originally posted by civic_types@Mar 8 2004, 09:14 AM
Just ordered 97' Del sol DOHC Vtec bracket for the driver's side mount.

Fingers crossed !!

Doesn't the Del sol and 92-95 civic hatch have the same engine bay?

Sho 'nuff!

you need a 94 and up integra mount and bracket. i ran into the same problem with my swap so i ordered it from honda way over priced try to find someone that has one for sale. you have to remove the timing covers to get to the bolts.

Back