I need help to ID a motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostinmiself

That Guy....
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here i go anyway...

I need to get some help to ID a swap

Im looking to find if a SOHC ZC is what he is telling me....

Im looking to find the following

Head Code
I know about the block tab
Tranny Code/ serial number
The cam code

dude has a D16 valve cover on the car and he "Says" it is to make it look stock....i have a DOHC ZC that i know that the valve cover WILL NOT fit from any USDM cover so im not sure if he is giving me BS so i figured id ask all of my fellow honda people for help. Ive searched google and honda swap, honda marketplace, and i am only getting the block stamp so if you have any idea of where a list of the codes or anything like that is please help me out

---Assumingly: i know that for chevys (motors i have worked on) have they have codes on everything so im taking an assumption here. I have noticed on heads that ive had for hondas there are numbers and letters stamped but could not come up with a list of what they ment....thanks so much!!!!

Ken

the non-VTEC JDM SOHC ZC is essentially the same as the USDM D16A6 with a different camshaft - the block i.d. is just 'ZC' - it has a PM3-# head - as far as i know, there is no number on the camshaft that would allow you to determine if it is ZC or D16A6 - if it has a cable transmission, the transmission model is L3 and the serial number could be anything and means nothing as far as the transmission gearing

Back