I Need Help With Some Products

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goatnipples2002

I would like to get a set of adjustable shocks and a set of adjustable coil overs. I have been looking at the drop zone adjustable coilovers and the arosprrd ones. Which ones are better? as far as ease of raising and lowering and overall performance as well as ride quality? Do I need a certain type of shocks to go with these coilovers? I am not tryimg to spend over 300 for either set. About 500 to 600 hundred fot both sets. If these are no good what is?

Also what about strut bars, what do they do? Do you need them? What about floor bars? is suspension tech. any good? :worthy:

If you want easy coilovers go with ground control they have a one perch system instead of the two perch system. Arospeed suck!!! A strur bar makes your car handle better!!! Any aftermarket shock will work with any type of coilover.

yes, aerospeed coilovers suck. one of the mods here had them and he hated them with a passion. drop zone is probably not much better. go with ground control, neuspeed, or skunk2 coilovers instead.

as for shocks/struts...go wtih KYB AGXs if you can. about $90 each. or go with Tokico HPs (non adjustable), about $50 each.

seriously just save and get a full threaded setup imo. i have skunk2 and kyb's, they are decent but i really wish i had of just saved up and gotten some teins. there cheapest set is around $750. strut bars work fairly well. save man or you may regret it like me.

if you dont want to pay more than 300 for either set, you might as well stay stock. the ride quality will be better.

you won't find a good shock for under 400

:worthy: Koni Yellows. Until you step into full coilovers you will be hard pressed to find a better shock.

Originally posted by lsvtec@May 23 2003, 10:35 AM
:worthy: Koni Yellows. Until you step into full coilovers you will be hard pressed to find a better shock.

:werd:

I have Koni Yellows (spring perch is adjustable as well as rebound) w/Neuspeed Race springs. Great combo! If you go the coilover route, IMO Ground Control and Skunk2 are really good. Arospeed is lame.

Back