i need help with swapping motor.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vtec Andy.....

first off i have a 92 civic hatchback si ,. i bought complete swap for a 95 (jdm)gsr obd1. i took out old engine and eveything.. but can i use the stock radiator and stock hoses on the gsr? or should i get a ls or gsr radiator.. 1 more thing for the wring how i take out the wiring from the ecu i have to take out dash board to get it? i would liek to know so i can do this 1 time and do it right...

hope you can help.

Thanks ,Andrew

I've been told the stock rad is fine but cooling insurance is worth it to me so I am upgrading....
as far as the wires you shouldnt need to pull all the wires,the ecu is just in front of the pass side door under the small peice of carpet that extends verticaly from your floor board...kinda where the right side of your right ankle would be if you sat in the pass side

as long as you are staying obd1 the plugs you need to disconnect for a diff w/h would be on the shock tower anyway,but I'm still not shure I'm following but the part of the harness[w/h] inbetween the tower and firewall you wouldnt want to remove unless something was wrong w/it.I'm no expert but pulling the complete harness and all sub-harnesses is no easy or recommended task in any obd equipped vehicle.if nothing else you are getting bumped and someone w/more knowledge might pick this up.

you could just unplug the civic harness from evertying and pull it through the firewall and put the gsr one in and plug it all back up.

your stock radiator will be fine.

the easiest way to wire this up is the expensive way- find a 94-95 usdm gsr harness.

plug that on, add wires for the knock sensor and iab to your ecu, and you are good to go.

the way i would do it is to use your si's wiring. plug as much as you can onto the gsr. cut the plugs off the jdm harness for the ones that don't reach or fit... and extend... Do the same as above for the knock and iab, as your civic doesn't have them.

check our 5th gen swap section for more info.

yea i hear you ,but i'm not good with the wiring so is theres diagram or something.. i really only understand taking out old wires and put new ones in. does few wires and stuff i'm not good at. or should i just see how much someone can do it for me. and ill install the motor myself..

Thanks,Andrew :worthy:

what wiring harness are u using. I you have a jm b18c motor, you would have to use you stock si wiring harness. You might have to extend some wires but everything to match up to the b18c motor. Then all you have to do is wire up the knock sensor and the secondary intake valves. :p

I still cant believe how complete my helms are,best investment my car has ever had.....and only $150ish shipped for the 95 and the 96-00 together.wow what books!!!

Back