1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with this

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by podagee, Feb 7, 2010.

1. podagee

podagee New Member

some say you cant swap the 92 d15b7 distributor in place of the 88-91 si distributor.i dont see why you cant.if the wires match then why cant you just de-pin or splice the wires.if anyone has ever accomplished this please let me know cause i am having a hard time finding the si dizzy.
    91 d15b2 dpfi to 92 mpfi intake manifold.
    please help me with this

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I was under the impression it would work since they're the same head casting(thus similar distributor bolt pattern).

But, you're right about the wiring. You could just swap connectors, splice, or make yourself a adapter harness.

3. podagee

podagee New Member

so would it work?

4. DeathInACRX

DeathInACRX New Member

try it and you tell us. if it works you can share your results with us all!!!

5. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

no need to waste your time. you cannot use an obd1 distributor with an obd0 ecu. the amount of teeth on the reluctor wheels between the two are different and therefore send different pulses to the ecu. an obd0 ecu can not decypher an obd1 pulse, and vice versa.

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

That's true, but that wasn't the original question since he asked about fitment. So, who's to say if it's a waste of time. :p

7. DA16killer

DA16killer New Member

thats a waste. OBD0 engines need OBD0 specific parts. everything is totally different with them. if your gonna do that either get the juimper kit or do the whole change over to ODB1

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted